Luke's Appearance in TFA Trailer

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The story of Darth Plagueis as told by Palpatine at the opera is my fave sequence in ROTS, and if you told me he was going to be the big bad in the sequel trilogy I would have said great!

However the actual execution of Snoke, rendered as a CG character is the one area that THE FORCE AWAKENS **** the bed. What were they thinking? It's basically a humanoid character with scarring, they could have easily had an actor in prosthetics play the character. The crappy CG face reminds me of one of those awful monsters from I AM LEGEND. Such a shame they went this route, after making massive practical creatures like the giant pig, why they made Snoke CG (and bad CG at that) I will never know.

The one hope I have is that Snoke is seen as a hologram and perhaps the director of VIII manages to improve Snoke for the next movie, ideally by using an actual actor to play him.

Completely agree. It is actually my biggest dislike in the entire film. It was a real own goal to do that and I'm at a complete loss why they'd go down that route. It would be the first thing I'd ask JJ if I ever got the chance! Could we see a "reverse George" whereby any Special Edition produced sees this CGI turd removed and replaced by a real actor??

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The story of Darth Plagueis as told by Palpatine at the opera is my fave sequence in ROTS, and if you told me he was going to be the big bad in the sequel trilogy I would have said great!

However the actual execution of Snoke, rendered as a CG character is the one area that THE FORCE AWAKENS **** the bed. What were they thinking? It's basically a humanoid character with scarring, they could have easily had an actor in prosthetics play the character. The crappy CG face reminds me of one of those awful monsters from I AM LEGEND. Such a shame they went this route, after making massive practical creatures like the giant pig, why they made Snoke CG (and bad CG at that) I will never know.

The one hope I have is that Snoke is seen as a hologram and perhaps the director of VIII manages to improve Snoke for the next movie, ideally by using an actual actor to play him.

I reckon they had a number of designs and then went for a safe option of a humanoid (rumours that the cgi of Maz and Snoke were not up to scratch and late cuts/decisions made), supposedly he was going to reptilian... The only way to save the character is to encase him in a variety of cybernetic parts.. or for Kylo to kill him early in Episode 8...

The way those scenes were directed could have been better. A shadowy figure, an outline with the odd glimmer of flesh revealing minor detail. No need to fill the screen with his face. It didnt bother me, I just expected something more. But he's a minor screen presence so, like Phasma, can have a better impact later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom