Memorabilia March 2012

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Dark Sith Lord said:
I will be taking my Camera guys! :wink:

****, can someone show Liam how it works! :lol:

Seriously would love to see some pics tho, you fella's are spoilt with all of these conventions.

What's the deal with the petrol or lack there of?

e30318is

Sith Lord
That's brilliant Ryan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically the petrol tanker drivers have mentioned possibly going on strike (because they only get £45k a year for a 40 hour week an a final salary pension......poor sods)
The media and government have given the whole thing waaaaay to much air time and us Brits love to panic buy..... No matter what it is!

So now all the petrol stations in a 20 mile radius of where I live have zero petrol or diesel.

Cameron hasn't helped by suggesting people "fill up a jerry can".... What a tool. One lady followed the advice, for some strange reason decanted the petrol into a glass jug :? In their kitchen :? With the gas stove going in the background :roll:
BOOM!!

Hour and a half to go whoop whoop!!

Lee77

Sith Lord
Have a great day guys! I'd love to have gone but the van is running on fumes at the minute! Enjoy it and Liam, get some pics, but in focus, and no missing heads off! :lol:
I bet you all look like a right bunch of likely lads together! Lock away your daughters!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
WOW What a Day! Had the pleasure of meeting Ed and Chris today! :p Cheers Lads and to say I am stoked with my purchases is a gross understatement! :p :D Will add pics of them tommorrow! Got the whole of next week so gonna a load of stuff for sale too! :)

Vaders_Child

Padawan
Had a suprisingly great day at Mem today.
Met up with Ed and we had a good laugh, plus some other people.
I think its better now they have added the cosplay/manga section on. It makes it fell as big as it used to be a few years back.
Nice to meet up with everybody today

e30318is

Sith Lord
Had a bloody great time at mem yesterday!

Met up with Chris and his brothers in the queue and we managed to have a good catch up with Burnsey, who was on good form! Once inside we found a fair bit of vintage, and it was quite refreshing to see a few new dealers and a few familiar faces. Jim Stevenson was there with a bloody epic stand as ever. Such an eclectic mix of toys- a great run of ten boxed Popys, a load of new mocs, and the mintiest boxed ships and playlets you will ever see.
Darren at star zone was there with a nice selection of mocs and mib items, while we were there a mysterious young lad came and made another awesome purchase..... And it turned out to be Liam/Iain/Jeff!! It was great to meet up with Liam and his dad, who was a good sport.

I got talking to a chap on Darrens stove, and it only turned out to be Graham, Black Falcon- aka the UKs biggest Jawa hunter! It was a nice suprise and we talked vintage Jawa for hours during the day. I must say he is a very knowledgeable guy, not just Jawa related but every aspect of vintage toys and more.

Chris went at mid day, he had a couple of great items for me including possibly the most phenomenal piece of art I have ever had the pleasure in seeing..... It is definitely my top item of the day!

photo-1260.jpg

I bought some acrylic display cases off him for my loosies:
photo-1298.jpg

Then I met up with VC- Darren, and had a good laugh winding up the Lego dealers, including the spitting image of this guy:

Comic-Book-Guy-The-Simpsons.jpg

Last up I had a good catch up with Lee bullock who, after talking through our collections informed me I could have a very interesting 12" piece in my possession ;)

There wasn't a huge amount of vintage for myself, I was sorely tempted by a nice item and went away to think about it, decided I wanted it to find out it already had been sold :( at least it has gone to a great home ;)
I did go Lego crazy and bought some lovely "vintage" sealed star wars Lego sets and a load of great minifigures.

Looking forward to the winter show already!

e30318is

Sith Lord
Here's the Lego haul from yesterday for anyone who's interested, the three boxed sets are all sealed :D

photo-817.jpg

A better shot of the minifigures:

photo-692.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
e30318is said:
Last up I had a good catch up with Lee bullock who, after talking through our collections informed me I could have a very interesting 12" piece in my possession ;)

Ehhh........when did we go all Brokeback mountain!? :lol:

e30318is

Sith Lord
:lol: :lol:

You bastard!!! To be fair I was asking for it :roll:

To clarify i was referring to a boxed 12" Jawa.....

Good spot weasel!!

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
e30318is said:
:lol: :lol:

You bastard!!! To be fair I was asking for it :roll:

To clarify i was referring to a boxed 12" Jawa.....

Good spot weasel!!

and he didn't have to ask twice!

Joe

Grand Master
It's not looking good for you Lee! As well as "discussing" interesting 12" pieces with Ed, Don on RS just mentioned you like to take part in "head"butting competitions :lol: :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Awesome stuff Ed.
For those of us not using our computers turned on their sides here's that art work by Chris.
Very cool.
photo-1260-3.jpg

e30318is

Sith Lord
Good work fellas!!

The painting deserves a nice frame and much higher quality photo taking (with the correct orientation!)
Chris has painted it with gouache paint which gives the colours an amazing richness, I'm not at all "up" on art but it sort of reminds me of a graphic novel style image. In person the colours really stand out and pop off the page.

I do know I adore it :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I had an awesome time yesterday at MEM. Met some great guys in Chris and Edd thanks guys it was pleasure to mee you and put a face to the words :) and brought some stellar pieces too! Cant wait for the one November now! :p

P1000092.jpg

P1000091.jpg

Just uploading my purchases into the LA thread now! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom