Mini Rigs

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Hey guys just wanna pick ur brains on these as I have never really focused on them :roll:
From my experience they seem pretty tough to find in unused/sealed shop stock condition in their first issue Empire Boxes particularly Palitoy and other foreign issue boxes :!:
Have seen a fair few Jedi shop stock examples.

So which r the rarities/sought after examples :?:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Yes...the POTF ones boxed are hard to find and command a higher price than many of the regular issue ones. There are instances where some of the Tri-logo ones are more valuable as well. The ESB ones are beginning to dry up as well (Not rare, but harder to find sometimes). I remember in the early 90's there were cases of them sealed. Dealers could hardly give them away sealed or open for that matter.. Ah the times have changed.

Same for B-Wing pilots..massess of them for sale carded at $5.00 a pop.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
For some reason I found PDT8 the hardest one to find in a Palitoy box. INT4, CAP2 and MTV7 seem relatively common though. I never really liked the mini rigs as they weren't part of the films, but I can appreciate Kenner's thought process behind them and some of the designs were very cool and looked like they could work in the SW Universe, my favourite by far was CAP2 and the worst being the Forest Ranger.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
For some reason I found PDT8 the hardest one to find in a Palitoy box. INT4, CAP2 and MTV7 seem relatively common though. I never really liked the mini rigs as they weren't part of the films, but I can appreciate Kenner's thought process behind them and some of the designs were very cool and looked like they could work in the SW Universe, my favourite by far was CAP2 and the worst being the Forest Ranger.
\

Totally off topic...but I was thinking about your t-shirt designs and non-appreciated toys. Maybe some time you could do an imperial transport one.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
SublevelStudios said:
\

Totally off topic...but I was thinking about your t-shirt designs and non-appreciated toys. Maybe some time you could do an imperial transport one.

I had thought about doing a CAP2 shirt with Bossk...great minds think alike :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
Yes...the POTF ones boxed are hard to find and command a higher price than many of the regular issue ones. There are instances where some of the Tri-logo ones are more valuable as well. The ESB ones are beginning to dry up as well (Not rare, but harder to find sometimes). I remember in the early 90's there were cases of them sealed. Dealers could hardly give them away sealed or open for that matter.. Ah the times have changed.

Same for B-Wing pilots..massess of them for sale carded at $5.00 a pop.

Yes the times have changed, I remember a lot of items that was easy to find on evil bay and for a good price. Today you should be very lucky if you ever see some of the items :(

I know they are not mini rigs, but I can't remember when I last saw one of the two esb six packs on evil bay. I should have bought them 10 years ago :cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom