Missing parts question

Vintage40

Padawan
Hi everyone, a quick question (hopefully an acceptable place to ask it)...
I will be looking to sell the last few items of my childhood collection soon, all original as I received them back in the 80's but unboxed; my question would be should I sell them as they are or should I aim to purchase missing parts from the larger stuff such as an ewok village missing a drum, or buy a single At-At chin gun to compliment the one I still have? I'd appreciate any thoughts you all have...

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
hi there,

most likely be worth selling them as found.

normally buying spare parts cost more than to buy one complete so I think it would be pointless to do. also you might have people who would buy incomplete to complete theirs and sell the remaining items/parts on.

I hope this helps.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
If you are looking to sell, I would expect you'd lose money if you collected all the missing parts from each toy as the accessories are usually the most expensive part and tend to be worth more alone. It could also take an age to find all the right bits and not end up with repro.
They're your childhood toys though so do think very carefully about selling them because you'll never get them back.

Vintage40

Padawan
Thank you for your replies, the prices for the individual parts is staggering from what I've seen already, it's like a breakers yard and is a bit sad to think breaking up a complete Millennium Falcon like mine would be more valuable in bits than in full. I understand the issue with childhood toys and I've decided on keeping my working snow speeder on display rather than selling everything. The larger stuff like Ewok Village, Falcon and AT-AT are harder to accommodate and will probably go...

Aside from the Ewok drum, single chin gun and a tail gun from the transport I think everything is complete apart from boxes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom