Palitoy 12 & 20 Back Questions?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Palitoyman said:
I certainly don't appreciate you mentioning me in such a way, I tried to help you but never expected to get £6k for the figure, the 30 Back 'B' Hoth Trooper is far rarer than the 30 back 'A' version and what you will realise is that finding Palitoy 30 back MOC's is extremely difficult unless you are lucky enough to come across someone 'selling up'.

A lesson in patience.

Buy a month ago at £6k.

Or display patience and buy it now for a third of the price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...865085?hash=item5d6f37797d:g:hsgAAOSw4A5Y2CjI

And anyone who knows that eBay seller will know that if you wait him out it'll be reduced further very shortly.

Not a bad reduction for a rare figure that never comes up for sale :roll:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Always preferred this B back to the A back due to the V style footer, just think this style footer makes the figures display better (well, they stand up straighter generally).

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Does the 75 grade put you off or would you still go for it?

I think it really boils down to whatever you will be happy with yourself for your own collection. If I had the choice I would be happy to have it in my collection but its way out of my price range on what I can afford.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:

That's a very personal question, the correct question is "Does it put YOU off for a AFA 75?"

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:

If you think you're going to be able to buy everything you want with an AFA 85 sticker on it then you're going to be sadly disappointed. Some stuff is so rare that it simply doesn't exist in AFA 85 condition or is firmly locked up in collections, never to come out.

What's better? Having a very rare item in decent condition or waiting a lifetime for something that doesn't exist. If you don't like the grade break it out of the case. No one would ever know what sticker a grading monkey decided your item was worth would they? Look at the item not that sticker.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Mr-shifter said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
wrighty said:
That's a very personal question, the correct question is "Does it put YOU off for a AFA 75?"

That sounds like the same question to me!

That's the point.

Do you want to buy a blue car or a red car?

Firstly I would like to determine the rarity which should have been my first question and then after that I would decide if I was happy with the grade. If there is a good chance of me getting another B in the future with a higher grade then I would wait it out. I already have a Hoth Stormtrooper A card so the B would just be a nice to have.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Mr-shifter said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
That sounds like the same question to me!

That's the point.

Do you want to buy a blue car or a red car?

Firstly I would like to determine the rarity which should have been my first question and then after that I would decide if I was happy with the grade. If there is a good chance of me getting another B in the future with a higher grade then I would wait it out. I already have a Hoth Stormtrooper A card so the B would just be a nice to have.

I would send Gary (sith-smith) or Jon (palitoyjunky), a pm about your question as I would have thought they might be able to help out answering it.

Ian

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Different people would collect differently, so for me if I need a piece I will buy it when it's available and then in the future (whenever that maybe) if I have the chance to upgrade I will then move the lesser grade piece. If you only want high grade you might be waiting for an eternity without that piece as you won't compromised. You already demonstrated impulse buying because you want something for 2 months and it wasn't ready available. I am not sure why you keep asking opinions on how you should collect, do some research and make your mind up and then show it off in the Latest Acquisition section. Some of the rarer stuff have no common or market value to them, its whatever the seller is asking, if it sells then it's the right price and if it don't then it's the wrong price, it's up to you to decide if the price is right for you, if you can't afford a Ferrari they are not going to sell one to you for the price of a Ford. 8)

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
wrighty said:
Different people would collect differently, so for me if I need a piece I will buy it when it's available and then in the future (whenever that maybe) if I have the chance to upgrade I will then move the lesser grade piece. If you only want high grade you might be waiting for an eternity without that piece as you won't compromised. You already demonstrated impulse buying because you want something for 2 months and it wasn't ready available. I am not sure why you keep asking opinions on how you should collect, do some research and make your mind up and then show it off in the Latest Acquisition section. Some of the rarer stuff have no common or market value to them, its whatever the seller is asking, if it sells then it's the right price and if it don't then it's the wrong price, it's up to you to decide if the price is right for you, if you can't afford a Ferrari they are not going to sell one to you for the price of a Ford. 8)

Post of the day.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
It's funny how things go sometimes, in the beginning I used to pick up almost anything in any condition as I was on a high rediscovering vintage SW 8) Then I got focused and became picky on condition etc. Then when I moved onto Empire Palitoy I soon realised I couldn't afford to b picky on condition-was a result to pick up some pieces at all :!: This has paid off as pretty much every time au have managed to upgrade I have moved on the lesser condition first pick up for more than I paid :wink: So it's a win win as u have the piece and not a hole in the collection, u then upgrade and make on the lesser :D

yoda

Sith Lord
PulsarP said:
wrighty said:

Post of the day.

Great post I agree.

jimmyshoes

Youngling
I'm not sure I follow this logic that by choosing not to bid on an item you want at an open auction, it will somehow help to reduce prices.
I would love to buy a 30b Fett for a tenner which I feel is a very fair price. I tried the method of stubbornly refusing to pay £18k for one but I'm still waiting for someone to answer my wtb post... Where did I go wrong? :p

JS

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
yoda said:
PulsarP said:
wrighty said:

Post of the day.

Great post I agree.

As above, spot on post, couldn't have put in any better myself. If you're moving in to Empire Palitoy, believe me, you'll have to make sacrifices on condition

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Some good posts and advice above!

when I started collecting I wrongly presumed the older MOC's would be in worse condition so when I found it was possible to put a 12 and 20 back set together in 85 grade I naturally presumed that would also be the case with Empire cards. As my Empire collection builds I now realise that certain items you either have to take in any grade or risk never owning them as the rarity of certain 30, 41 and 45A MOC's is far greater than the majority of 12 and 20 backs.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jimmyshoes said:
I'm not sure I follow this logic that by choosing not to bid on an item you want at an open auction, it will somehow help to reduce prices.
I would love to buy a 30b Fett for a tenner which I feel is a very fair price. I tried the method of stubbornly refusing to pay £18k for one but I'm still waiting for someone to answer my wtb post... Where did I go wrong? :p

JS

I guess if everyone followed that rule the item would not sell and would probably get sold privately thereby keeping prices down as the amount paid is not known or publicised. The open auction (vectis) sales certainly push prices up as the rare, expensive items that sell for high amounts set a new benchmark that everyone is aware of. Prior to the 30 Back Fett sale at vectis it was viable to buy one for 10K, now the price is 18K minimum for a good condition piece, had no one bid at Vectis and the item was sold privately then you may still be able to buy one for 10K.

There is a lot of talk about the escalation in price on loose figures and I believe this escalation is caused by the fact that the majority of loose figure sales are in the public domain and are thereby recorded/known so when a loose figure sells for a high value it sets a new benchmark for future sales to follow e.g. Vinyl Caped Jawa. I personally believe that MOC prices have not seen the same level of escolation as the majority of sales take place in private and the prices the items are sold for are kept out of the public domain and thereby a new benchmark is not set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom