PALITOY Powerdroid & Card SCAM *BEWARE*

walkie

Sith Lord
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290872609000?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

read the desciption....

"Also included is a nice REPRODUCTION of his original PALITOY card back"

Hell it has damaged where a bubble was removed and a price tag!!

Palifan

Sith Lord
I don't quite get it, is the card back pictured a reproduction or original? It looks original but the seller is not putting that in the auction but supplying a reproduction of it that hasn't been pictured.

May have got that totally wrong but seems odd to sell a reproduction card back in that condition.

walkie

Sith Lord
Does anyone know his username on here or does he hide?

Honest opinions about the listing, it's worded to catch someone out right?

walkie

Sith Lord
...and this winds me up

"Sorry, I cannot combine shipping as the figure is already packaged up ready for dispatch"

Roughly translates to...

"I'm a tight twat and what to squeeze every last penny out of you on this sale!"

theslider

Sith Lord
Yeap that is my sale, I don't hide, I might be a **** but I'm always in the open! And yes it is a reproduction, i.e. a colour copy of an original Palitoy cardback. I clearly state that it is a reproduction in the auction description. If people do not read the description then is it my fault? Yes, you might say! But if stupid cunts DON'T read the description and buy off a picture then that is their fault!

And yes walkie - I am a tight ****ing twat, and proud! In these tough economic times I need to make money out of the postage to cover the SHITE fees that eBay charge. And, I DO package things up before dispatch, a lot easier to send them that way.

I would suggest that no-one has had a problem buying from me as I have 100% positive feedback, but somehow I don't think that will last very long, do you? ;)

mumbo

Sith Lord
The description is clear but why is the title misleading? Surely you can see that?

walkie

Sith Lord
Exactly it's misleading and I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of it so that's why I've posted it here.

Nothing personnel.

theslider

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
The description is clear but why is the title misleading? Surely you can see that?

How is the title misleading? It doesn't state that it is an original card, it just states that it is a card back (with a few keywords thrown in for extra hits ;) )

But what I ask ANYONE on eBay is why would you buy something if you don't read the description?!

First thing I do when bidding on something is look at the pictures and then READ the description - if it is vague then ASK THE SELLER A QUESTION - no response, then you've got your answer!

I am super critical of eBay (I HATE THE CUNTS) but if whoever bought this complained and said the cardback wasn't original they would side with me (at the moment) because it is stated in the description!

eBay are well ahead of the game realising that millions of people don't like to read so they introduced the space where you can enter the description to try and cover their backs.

theslider

Sith Lord
walkie said:
Exactly it's misleading and I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of it so that's why I've posted it here.

Nothing personnel.

So. You see an auction title and then you bid on it without reading the auction description? Or, are you a flag bearer for the illiterates and people who can't be arsed to read?

IF, I had just put "as seen in the photos" as the description you would have a point. But I didn't; anyone bidding on that auction knows exactly what they're getting, and if they don't then I suggest they should read!

It is interesting as you have called it a SCAM though!

mumbo

Sith Lord
The title should describe the item accurately and a MOC it most certainly isn't. Fair enough you say it's to widen the search but it's misleading whatever way you look at it, regardless of your clear description. A newbie collector could be fooled by it?

theslider

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
The title should describe the item accurately and a MOC it most certainly isn't. Fair enough you say it's to widen the search but it's misleading whatever way you look at it, regardless of your clear description. A newbie collector could be fooled by it?

Oh come on! Only a blind newbie reader software would not know that wasn't a MOC - the photo shows the figure standing independently of the card and no bubble anywhere! As I think most people bid on eBay these days by just looking at the pictures then it isn't a problem!

(Aside from thr fact I am a scam artist! :D )

Joe

Grand Master
Putting the PowerDroid aside for a moment, may I ask why you as "*drexler*" have dealt with yourself on your old (no longer registered) "*theslider*" account? It might have been years ago judging from the feedback dates but it doesn't look very good to people that might want to buy from you in the future.

Back to the PowerDroid- If it was me selling it, I would have written "restored card" in the title and in the description explained about the card and what repair work it has had done to it (as Jorn says it does look like its been put together with white paper in the middle or something lol) so yes it is a little misleading, not quite the scam of the century but it pays to be as honest as you can be even if you are a tight arse scouser.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom