PALITOY Powerdroid & Card SCAM *BEWARE*

theslider

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Putting the PowerDroid aside for a moment, may I ask why you as "*drexler*" have dealt with yourself on your old (no longer registered) "*theslider*" account? It might have been years ago judging from the feedback dates but it doesn't look very good to people that might want to buy from you in the future.

Like you said it was years ago, can't remember! If it puts people off, then so be it!

Joe said:
Back to the PowerDroid- If it was me selling it, I would have written "restored card" in the title and in the description explained about the card and what repair work it has had done to it (as Jorn says it does look like its been put together with white paper in the middle or something lol) so yes it is a little misleading, not quite the scam of the century but it pays to be as honest as you can be even if you are a tight arse scouser.

But it's not a restored card! It's literally a laser copy of a normal card. But seriously, if anyone buys it thinking it is original, then they're an idiot! That said, I'd refund them if they wanted to.

theslider

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
This one fooled me at first. Looks like a damaged loose cardback with a figure...until you read the description. So you scanned a damaged cardback...left it that way and printed it??????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290873221043?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Most people who do repros do not leave the damage on them (rips and tears).

Yeah, I've no skill in restoring cardbacks or anything. I just thought that it would be a nice thing to have along with the figure and cheaper than an original cardback.

But like the OP said, I'm just a scammer!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Gotta admit it fella,the auction IS misleading.Some people would see that as a used cardback,and not a copy.That is a rare cardback in itself,and it would generate lots of interest.The fact its a copied 'torn open-damaged' cardback is very strange,and i can assure you it would mislead people.I dont think ive ever seen a damaged cardback copied,and ill admit it caught me out when i first saw it.In all fairness the title should have had 'reproduction cardback' in the title,and i cant understand why you didnt state that where it could be clearly seen.Also it isn,t a Palitoy cardback-its a copy of one.Im not accusing you here,but some people seem to think that using Palitoy in the title will bring more views/bids in(and it usually does)but it is also a very over used,and exagerrated word which people use to sell loose figures.

I agree with you on the description reading,as i myself tried selling some cut bubble cardbacks recently for £200 and stated there were no figures included and that they were just to show the displayability of the cardbacks.Some dozy twat still used buy it now and then sent me an email saying he didnt realise the figs werent included,and asked me to cancel.I have no time for people like that,and banned him from my buyers list for this,and another reason.People have to read the description properly-enough said.

So,i agree that reading the description is imperative but i 100% do not agree with your selling technique.Many would see this as both misleading and fraudulent.You make no effort in the title,and it is wrong.

theslider

Sith Lord
Palitoy78 said:
Gotta admit it fella,the auction IS misleading.Some people would see that as a used cardback,and not a copy.That is a rare cardback in itself,and it would generate lots of interest.The fact its a copied 'torn open-damaged' cardback is very strange,and i can assure you it would mislead people.I dont think ive ever seen a damaged cardback copied,and ill admit it caught me out when i first saw it.In all fairness the title should have had 'reproduction cardback' in the title,and i cant understand why you didnt state that where it could be clearly seen.Also it isn,t a Palitoy cardback-its a copy of one.Im not accusing you here,but some people seem to think that using Palitoy in the title will bring more views/bids in(and it usually does)but it is also a very over used,and exagerrated word which people use to sell loose figures.

I agree with you on the description reading,as i myself tried selling some cut bubble cardbacks recently for £200 and stated there were no figures included and that they were just to show the displayability of the cardbacks.Some dozy twat still used buy it now and then sent me an email saying he didnt realise the figs werent included,and asked me to cancel.I have no time for people like that,and banned him from my buyers list for this,and another reason.People have to read the description properly-enough said.

So,i agree that reading the description is imperative but i 100% do not agree with your selling technique.Many would see this as both misleading and fraudulent.You make no effort in the title,and it is wrong.

Not wanting to be argumentative, but a couple of points.

Firstly, the first bolded bit in your post - yes it is a rare cardback therefore I thought people would like to own a COPY of it as it is better than not owning it at all. The winner of the auction has already left positive feedback therefore I can only conclude that they were happy with the transaction (and to be honest seeing as the figure was in excellent condition (albeit being in need of a clean) I think £6.20 (including postage) for a Power Droid is pretty good value - is Frunkstar around for verification?

Secondly - with your auction for your cardbacks. Personally I would not have an issue with it (because I'm not a moron and I read auction descriptions!). But in your auction title you do not state that there are no figures included yet all the photos show figures included! I know you say they were just there for illustrative purposes, but you don't state that in the auction text! You only state that the figures aren't included. Like I said, this isn't a go at you, but you can see where I am coming from. If you had put cardbacks and bubbles only and no figures included in the title then you wouldn't have had the problems you did.

I freely admit I keyword spam (although to me it isn't spamming, it's not as if I am selling 90s stuff as vintage - people on here will have their own views on this and with the reduction of eBay categories this makes it even more of a bugbear), but only to get more hits. I always fully describe my items in the description.

As I've said before I'm genuinely surprised that this was called out as a scam. But I'll bow to the better collectors who called it.

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi mate

I was looking through some of your completed auctions and noticed that you have generally gotten below market value for most items - you are right £6.00 for a nice PD is a good price

I just wonder if your sales tactics of filling up the title with lots of search words rather than a proper description is putting people off. I am 100% sure that your statement about the item being packed already will do.

I sell loads on eBay and tend to get around or above market prices - I am honest with my descriptions and ALWAYS combine postage - I just wonder if you are losing more money than you are actually gaining using your current tactics

theslider

Sith Lord
It could be so Iain, I don't know! To be honest, when people have asked me to combine in the past (before the auction ends, obviously!) - I have found my way to accomodate them. It does annoy some people, but I'd much rather them not bid then just be arsey later.

For me it's swings and roundabouts really, you can't judge this market! For me, I'm just happy that the winning bidder won this auction (for a good price) and was happy with it! If I lose a little, so be it! - that is the nature of the game (sic). I didn't set out to deliberately scam anyone, but hey ho eh?!

:)

PGowdy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
I sell loads on eBay and tend to get around or above market prices - I am honest with my descriptions and ALWAYS combine postage - I just wonder if you are losing more money than you are actually gaining using your current tactics

Yep, same here. Always offer combined postage where possible and always describe correctly and honestly and you'll make more money. Simple. Filling the title with meaningless, inaccurate or unrelated words will only annoy and confuse and ultimately deter.

theslider

Sith Lord
Lonebudman said:
I am 100% sure that your statement about the item being packed already will do.

Definitely,when I see that I think no way and move on.

Genuine question:

So, if you saw an auction that said that and the postage price was reasonable you would just pass?

x-pack

Grand Master
Just saw this. The title is misleading but the description is pretty straight forward. Don't really see the point in selling the card to be honest as it's little more than bin fodder. Still a nice figure though.

I was watching one of these yesterday only it was MOC/sealed. Very difficult to spot the real thing when people stick other **** on the card and scrunch it up a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom