people paying daft money on ebay

poncho

Grand Master
this past couple of months in my watch lists ive seen people pay stupid prices for vintage loose and carded on ebay :shock: ! i dont get it! defo the right time to be a seller! i refuse to pay stupid prices and will hold back......probably...maybe...probably not :lol:

benny100

Sith Lord
It's getting worse I'm afraid, I chanced my luck and put a few bits up as a seller with above average prices and saw if it was really what people were paying or whether it was a case of shill bidding and they do go for a lot more than expected.
Watched a hollow cheeks Tusken go for nearly £85 the other day. :roll:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I saw that too Ben, he had a load of really excellent variants, was keeping my eye on the PBP 3P0 but that ended up way North of £200! Rare figure though.

I'm glad I completed my loose set earlier this year (minus some variants), prices are going mad - unfortunately I've started collecting the 1977 Helix stuff and that is going for CRAZY money!

It's still out there though, and even possible to get a bargain on ebay - on Sunday I landed a really nice white loose vintage 12" Stormtrooper complete with gun and a loose 12" Vader with cape (no sabre) for £33 for both!

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Yeah, totally agree. I've mentioned on another thread that I've been watching X-wings over the past while, keeping my eye open for ones in decent nick loose or boxed. Whatever the going rates were 6 months ago forget it! I've seen real jumble sale stuff go for prices much more than they should have done! As for the boxed ones its like a feeding frenzy! :eek:

Interest as a whole has leapt due to the EP7 trailer and talk of next year. I've noticed it with one type of ship (X-wing) particularly, whether its because it features in the trailer I'm not sure.

The question is, will prices/interest relax a bit any time soon? Unfortunately (as a buyer) I don't see it happening till after EP7 has been and gone tbh.

Letthewookiewin

Youngling
Sorry guys it'll be all my fault. It's what happens when I get into a hobby!! Same happened with pinball machines. The prices begin to sky rocket and all I get to hear about is "last year you could of got that a hell of a lot cheaper"!

Story of my life. :(

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
theslider said:
Saw an X-Wing go for £107 the other night! Merry Christmas everybody!

I was watching that bugger! All the while thinking - why is everyone on the flamin' planet bidding on this!!? :x
Wifes buying husbands any old SW toy for xmas maybe??

I've got an idea. Everyone else stop buying stuff I want on Ebay cos you're driving the prices up. I'll tell you when I'm done! :lol: :lol:

slim

Sith Lord
i have been priced out of a few ebay mocs , december has been a bad month on ebay....i think alot of people are buying vintage starwars for christmas presents

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Jabbawookie has a thread about things appearing to shoot up if he's bidding on them and going for peanuts if he forgets about them/misses the end of the auction. I feel like the same thing's happened to me and a lot of people have been talking about crazy prices lately. I bid on a perfect mint blue snag recently, it went for 250 spons! I think it's down to several things but ultimately it's because the demand outweighs the supply which is forcing prices up. If there's only a few of something available and hundreds of us loons who want one what's going to happen!? People will lose all sense of reason and fork out cos they want it bad :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I brought a certain MOC with the Buy It Now option which I had been watching for about 6 months. New I paid to much for it, then within a week about 3 more get listed £30 to £40 cheaper than the one I brought. :roll:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I brought a certain MOC with the Buy It Now option which I had been watching for about 6 months. New I paid to much for it, then within a week about 3 more get listed £30 to £40 cheaper than the one I brought. :roll:

This happens to me all the bloody time.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I completely agree with this thread.
Earlier this year I managed to grab a Rancor for £15 delivered and a MINT Han Carb for £23 delivered! But I agree Ebay on the whole is very expensive

I was looking at a few recent sales at a couple of Auction Houses and decided to look at their archive sales.

I found this sale on the 16th of July 2010

Just 4 years ago! Look at some of the prices!!! :shock:

http://www.bigwoodauctioneers.com/index.php/s/sale/484

SOJ

Sith Lord
It's frustating but with new movie on the way I expect 2015 to be the most painful yet. There are bargains still out there which for me usually involves saved searches on eBay excluding certain works. I'll also be looking for job lots rather than buying individual items to try and bring the cost down.

The fear is prices will remain high post the movies release. But we're just going to have to wait and see.

Patience my friends, patience.

TheGent

Jedi Master
Yes, certain things went for mad money in the past but I feel like you people do. If I sell something, it goes for peanuts, if I want something badly, it's price is going through the roof.

Buying star wars leaves you broke. Selling star wars leaves you broken.

itfciain

Grand Master
The trick is to buy it from the great sellers on here (however many threads they may have)

itfciain

Grand Master
ODB said:
itfciain said:
The trick is to buy it from the great sellers on here (however many threads they may have)

Can you recommend any?

I can - check out the chap that keeps opening new threads - I've heard he has some nice stuff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom