Pick 1 thing

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I know this has been asked in the past but worth revisiting as peoples answers may have changed since last time…..

So a big natural disaster is looming - a meteor heading for Earth, a massive flood or you wife has seen you internet browsing history. You're leaving on the next space shuttle/ark/taxi and are allowed to take only 1 thing from your collection.

What do you take and why? - childhood toy, grail piece that took you years to find, expensive high end, hard to replace?

I'd take my original R2. I'm lucky to have a good mix of things in my collection but I can honestly stand and look at this figure for hours. Lots of lovely memories from growing up,
IMG_7179.png
and he captures all the Magic that vintage Star Wars toys have for me

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wow that is not an easy one, I have to think about it :unsure: great item you choose to take with you with a really great story from your childhood (y)

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Great question! I'll go with my beat up little droid too… loved this wee guy, as you can probably tell from his wear and tear… Artoo isn't meant to be shiny anyway, is he? 😁
IMG_0585.jpeg

Gadders

Padawan
Good question - I often think about my response when I hear it asked on TVR..
Tough one to answer really..

On one hand, I'd say my childhood Rebel Transport (as it would contain all my childhood figures).. but not sure if thats cheating :ROFLMAO:
Other times, I'd say my Early Bird Mailer... and at other times one of the three POFT Play Packs.. or my childhood Fett figure.

All depends on what day of the week the disaster happens :LOL:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Cheating slightly but it would have to be these 5, all that remains of my childhood figures (although I did also find a 3PO leg in a box of diecast cars a while back!)

childhood-figures.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great question! I'll go with my beat up little droid too… loved this wee guy, as you can probably tell from his wear and tear… Artoo isn't meant to be shiny anyway, is he? 😁

Great idea (y) what have you done with it since it does not look mint anymore ? 😂 I was so stupid when I was a kid that I took some of my figures with me in the bath and played with them. I played with them on the the edge of the bathtub but sometimes I dropped them in the water and r2-d2 did not look so good anymore after I did that :cry:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Good question - I often think about my response when I hear it asked on TVR..
Tough one to answer really..

On one hand, I'd say my childhood Rebel Transport (as it would contain all my childhood figures).. but not sure if thats cheating :ROFLMAO:
Other times, I'd say my Early Bird Mailer... and at other times one of the three POFT Play Packs.. or my childhood Fett figure.

All depends on what day of the week the disaster happens :LOL:
:oops:🤣

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Great idea (y) what have you done with it since it does not look mint anymore ? 😂 I was so stupid when I was a kid that I took some of my figures with me in the bath and played with them. I played with them on the the edge of the bathtub but sometimes I dropped them in the water and r2-d2 did not look so good anymore after I did that :cry:
He has just been on so many adventures, in Y-wing battles, and played with so much. I never had a solid dome or pop up saber R2, so this wee guy was the one. I do have an R5, and he used to take his turn in the Y-wing, to give Artoo a break 😁

Jez

Sith Lord
Always an interesting question. Loving the answers.
For me it has to be the original Luke. My first ever figure. Goodness knows where his tipless saber went. This chap means so much to me.
IMG_9215.jpeg
IMG_9216.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
He has just been on so many adventures, in Y-wing battles, and played with so much. I never had a solid dome or pop up saber R2, so this wee guy was the one. I do have an R5, and he used to take his turn in the Y-wing, to give Artoo a break 😁
Thanks for sharing the story (y) wow you must have played with him a lot 😂 and you even gave him a break and used the r5 for some time 😁

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Always an interesting question. Loving the answers.
For me it has to be the original Luke. My first ever figure. Goodness knows where his tipless saber went. This chap means so much to me.

That is a great choice, I think you also helped me with my choice (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I take my farmer luke childhood figure with me. He came from a tri-logo cardback. I always thought that the bespin saber was the only saber for farmer luke when I was a kid. None of my friends had him and I thought it was an error on the back of the cardbacks where he had a different saber. It was first in 2001 many years later from the good old 80s that I learned my saber for my childhood farmer luke was not the correct one for the figure and that there also was a telescoping saber for farmer luke figures. So this figure is very special for me and I think it was one of my first 10 figures, we played a lot together and he also came with me in the bathtub, sometimes I played with my figures in 1 hour in the bathtub or just until water got to cold 😂

01.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom