Archived Please remove to the Archive

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
sparkysx said:
Also, can someone tell me how a baggy can be a beater? I can't quite work that one out. :?

The plastic can crack, the seal starts to open or the tape is coming off. The bag has holes or slits in it.

Much like you could say a bubble was ****ed because it was split and cracked, a baggie can end up mostly open. But like a ****ed bubble, it is still a sealed item.

metroplex

Padawan
O.k seems that I have a little bit to defend myself :)
The card was extremely damage it was not a c-7 or so more a C- 2 or so the card was cut at half and it was more the bubble than the card
In the late 90s were a lot of these available in Holland, the pre ebay time.
I would never pull a figure out of the card when the card looks o.k to me but this was a card which was only good for opening.
In the early to mid 90 it was very common here to remove figures from tri logo cards, as they very common here

So please be patient with me, I would not rip the card if it would still be displayable. The Card of the DSD was junk

And yes, I agree normally it is a shame to open a piece of history. I would not do it today but for around 10-15 years it was very common to open mailer baggies etc. to get the most possibly best condtioned Figures.
Please keep in mind that this was the pre Ebay and internet time.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
metroplex said:
The card was extremely damage it was not a c-7 or so more a C- 2 or so the card was cut at half and it was more the bubble than the card
I would never pull a figure out of the card when the card looks o.k to me but this was a card which was only good for opening.
In the early to mid 90 it was very common here to remove figures from tri logo cards, as they very common here

So please be patient with me, I would not rip the card if it would still be displayable. The Card of the DSD was junk

And yes, I agree normally it is a shame to open a piece of history. I would not do it today but for around 10-15 years it was very common to open mailer baggies etc. to get the most possibly best condtioned Figures.

I'm confused, when did you pull the figure the the card, in the 90s?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Thanks for taking the time to reply

However "I would never pull a figure out of the card when the card looks o.k to me but this was a card which was only good for opening.". This is it in a nutshell. It may not look good to you but to someone else this might be the perfect alternative to a real MoC that may be out of their price range.

What is done is done and you can do what you like with your pieces but please bare in mind that your trash may be someone elses treasure

metroplex

Padawan
I was starting collecting in 1993, today the market has been changed, but in this time it was very common believe it or not.
I never destroyed any moc or so, the Cards which were be opened were destroyed by someone else who decided to cut the name plates, pops, or cut the card complete around the bubble.
And a cut card or a totally damage card was not really in a higher price range than a lose one.
On a convention in 96 there were cases full of tri logo weequays and ree yees which were sold for 10 DM in this time.
And believe it or not no one was really interested in the tri-logo stuff within this time

PGowdy

Grand Master
metroplex said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain yourself. I think that's all people are really after here and i hope you understand why a forum of genuine vintage toy collectors don't take too kindly to the news that a figure has been removed from it's original packaging.

Pete.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
metroplex said:
I was starting collecting in 1993, today the market has been changed, but in this time it was very common believe it or not.
I never destroyed any moc or so, the Cards which were be opened were destroyed by someone else who decided to cut the name plates, pops, or cut the card complete around the bubble.
And a cut card or a totally damage card was not really in a higher price range than a lose one.
On a convention in 96 there were cases full of tri logo weequays and ree yees which were sold for 10 DM in this time.
And believe it or not no one was really interested in the tri-logo stuff within this time

Can I ask the question again, WHEN did you pull this figure you are selling from it's card?

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
I got the impression it was in the 90's

I'm not so sure...

"O.k seems that I have a little bit to defend myself
I would never pull a figure out of the card when the card looks o.k to me but this was a card which was only good for opening."

Just breaking this down he says the card was damaged and he wouldnt pull from a nice card. He then says alot of these cards were available in the 90s. He then repeats himself by saying the figure deserved to be opened??

Also the figure is minty mint. So this was pulled from a card in the 90s and then just sat there for 20 years??

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I read this and thought he was talking years ago.

"And yes, I agree normally it is a shame to open a piece of history. I would not do it today but for around 10-15 years it was very common to open mailer baggies etc. to get the most possibly best condtioned Figures.
Please keep in mind that this was the pre Ebay and internet time."

The last line in particular, unless he has only just got the Internet in Holland, would indicate these were done a long time ago.

metroplex

Padawan
I opened the Death Star Droid in 2013, it was not on a cut card but on a card which had the pop cut and a yellow cracked bubble. I had swapped him with my lose matte one.
The card was a beater. The cards I opened were not far away from being paper trash.
I collect toys and is always to be fun with a community, I have never ever harmed or ripped off anybody but I felt a little bit that you were firing with bazookas on birds.

1. I agree with that, that I may have been destroyed that what for another person is a treasure but I have bought it for me and not for anybody else.

2. A shame that I opened it? Not really. A shame is to kill an Animal for his fur . Like most of you I have been grown up with this sort of toys ( SW/MOTU/G.I.JOE)
I collect these types of collectibles because I have fun to collect them, fun to display them, I love these toys and if I decide to open up something from my collection
then I do it. And when I decide to sell something, I will sell no matter what other people think. I spend "MY" money for them and not anybody elses money.

3. I would not buy a moc for opening, I only open figures which had heavy damages cracked bubble, cut outs etc. and the figures which were straight out of a baggy
were NOT the rare ones like blue Snagg and so on also I have bought them with intention to open them a cut card is an opener in my opinion nothing more nothing less.
I only can speak for myself, but in this case I have a mint figure which displays awsome
and try to get a mint DSD... happy hunting on these, they are always matte with not so tight limbs, I had seen enough of them. I also have cracked up a few AFA U 85´s
cases. I did not care what other collectors think etc. It is o.k for me to discuss things out, I collect for the fun of it. As I stated above I like toys and I like them mint
I did not like AFA or any graded stuff. I will touch my items and display them the way I want, if I buy a mint on card figure I leave them mint on card or
do you really think I spend a few hundred bucks for a card which I want to open? No, absolutly not. And I also need no 3rd Party to tell me the conditions, I can decide it for
myself. I also did not collect for increasing my money. I collect for the fun and cause of I like Action Figures

4. The cut cards were sold within the netherlands in big quantities in the 90´s don´t know exactly when but I guess it were around 96-99 they were in the price range between 15-25 NLG
when I remember correctly, also Tri-Logo Cards were intended for opening them, most of the collectors didn´t like them because of there overzized bubbles, they looked
ugly and nearly nobody wants them to have. That were the 90 that is true. The american stuff were top notch and items like the Skiff/A-Wing were holy grails. And most of
the cards were opener then. Today it changed all european stuff is quite rare.

5. And yes, I have a lot of figures pulled from the card in the 90´s but I also opened a few in the past years. I also ripped of 5 Snowtroopers from Toytoni Palitoy Card´s
which were also sold in large quantities here in the 90´s ( I mean the reverse bubble ones)

6. I also didn´t buy anything only because it is rare, I did not own a vinyl cape Jawa and I never will because I didn´t like that figure. But I like the G.I.Joe Aircraft
Carrier and have it here in misb condition the shipping has cost me around 1000 bucks, it is rare but it is unsellable here I have paid a lot for it and I know that
I could never ever sell it again for only 50% of the buying Price but who cares I love that playset and its the price worth for me and I never want to sell it again
and if I decide to open it up and put the thing together I will do, who cares it is paid by me and Iam the owner and not anybody else. I have a full time job and I need
this hobby to calm down. For me it is a hobby not any buisness it is fun for me to meet other collectors from around the globe, but I am tired to file to somebodys account
what to do with my stuff.

metroplex

Padawan
for sale:
an absolutly minty fresh Luke Skywalker in Jedi Knight Outfit molded face variant.
Accessories 100% authentic and in mint shape : blue saber, snap cape, palace blaster
Price 55 gbp or best offer
shipping trackable included but please ad 4% for the paypal fees or via paypal and friends

Attachments

• DSC05792 (480x640).jpg
    DSC05792 (480x640).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC05794 (480x640).jpg
    DSC05794 (480x640).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05796 (640x480).jpg
    DSC05796 (640x480).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC05797 (640x480).jpg
    DSC05797 (640x480).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 52
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom