RE: Jawa's Vinyl Cape variations!

tigerham

Sith Lord
I asked this over on SWCC and would like others opinions too.

I've been tinkering on this a while now but how come some VC Jawas have the cape one way and others have it another? The one on the left has the textured pattern on the outside (always) and the one on the right, which is the ones found on the MOC's, has it on the inside. There are imo only two versions of the capes appearance. Left with a winged collar and right with the tight fit collar which to me are the first as came like this on the MOC's.

VC-Jawa-cob.jpg

I thought that maybe the change happened as a case of playing with the figure and then putting it on the wrong way round BUT IMO you would see a crease from where the collar bent the other way round as creases don't come out easily.

Any ideas gents? :idea:

spoons

Grand Master
Just reversed by kids, try taking any cape off leaving it for bit and putting it back.
No crease :D

tigerham

Sith Lord
Yeh think it works tho the creases are still there just, cheers dude, just gave me a nudge. Thats what I originally thought. :)

I prefer them this way with wnged collars, more stylish. ;)

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Tip if you want a Vinyl Cape without the crease:

- Take it off, dip it in hot water so it gets a bit softer, then dryh it quickly and place it between some books for a night.
Next day you'll have a nice straight cape wich you can put on very nice in display in the "winged" position.

cheers, Dennis.

Joe

Grand Master
I do miss Gustie-

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3256&hilit=capes

tigerham

Sith Lord
Thanks Joe, really helpful. :D

Edit after test: Joe, big thanks for remembering the link and Gustie.... you legend!

Totally worked and minimum crease now and know another goe will get rid of it completely but like someone mentioned it has to be bloody hot boiling water. Then after you iron it out with the sponge it sucks to the flat surface, helping it to straighten out. I just then dried off the top and left it for a few minutes to cool down with the new flat shape before turning it over and drying out the other side. Now it's in a flat heavy book so see what happens in a while, tho might leave it over night to make sure. :D

tigerham

Sith Lord
Just opened the book and the results are amazing! Totally mint.

Just done the same with one of the other capes which also had a few line creases in the back and AGAIN has come up trumps. So have left that one in the book for a while too and will put up a group pic when it's done. :D

Joe

Grand Master
It works wonders :)

Sometimes the capes can revert back to some kind of warped state but not often, then again even if they do it's a five minute fix for a good few months of neat capedness again!

tigerham

Sith Lord
Also to bare in mind is shrinkage as I'm sure this may occur but NOT if you do it correctly. ;)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Joe said:
I do miss Gustie-

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3256&hilit=capes

Aye, Gustie was a good fella, I don't miss the 17 posts every day about variants tho! :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
Gotta love passion! He certainly had that for this hobby!

Where is he anyway, I remember he was thinning things out and kinda half leaving, anyone in contact with him? Top guy :)

Joe

Grand Master
And why did Dom vanish again? Is this a theme with some of these guys to disappear for a bit then randomly show up for a few posts :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
Not spoken to gustie for a long time, but he's on Facebook still

Beat me to it.
I think it was his birthday a few weeks ago.

As for Dom, Mash did something very similar as well. Who knows why!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom