realistic price to pay for palitoy Deathstar playset

Cocobean

Padawan
As the title says I've been outbid recently on a boxed deathstar and missed out on a few over the last couple of months what would you think a realistic price would be to purchase one and is it worth putting a wanted advert on here :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
It all depends on condition and what you'd be happy with.

For an ungraded, really nice one, complete in a half decent box it's an easy £500 and upwards.

For one in a tatty box, missing the usual bits like the canopy, instruction sheet and stands - £300 plus.

For a complete loose one, £150 - £200 easy.

It's a really great piece and worth every penny.

Good luck.

Cocobean

Padawan
Thank you that's pretty much what I was expecting to be honest so no surprises there ha so do any come up on these forums for sale or is it one of those that are so sought after that many are still looking for it themselves I'm getting so close to completing my boxed playsets and vehicles but still need a few rare items and this is one of them :)

Cocobean

Padawan
Yeah I've noticed them recently on eBay I just seem to miss out or don't get notified by my mobile when it's due to end :-( seems to be a few unboxed however I'd like one with a box I don't really collect loose vehicles or playsets just loose figures as I can't afford moc ones ha

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I bought one with a damaged box that was nearly complete last year on ebay and this year I found one with a very nice box in a lot with some other boxes. So I could put them together to a complete one with a nice box and the rest with the damaged box I sold. Doing that I paid maybe £250 for a complete palitoy deathstar with a very nice box, but I still miss the instruction.

I have seen some pay £700 for a set that look like the one I have.

So maybe it would be cheaper for you to put 2 together and sell the spare parts :wink:

Cocobean

Padawan
Good idea pomse2001 to be honest I've done that with other playsets it's finding one with a box that's difficult or at least a nice box I have a small list of items I need to complete my collection not finish it of course because I'll always look to improve to misb for everything if possible etc but to just get a full set and certain items as I'm sure people will agree just seem to be difficult to find or at least at an affordable price obviously some people on here have the funds to have the collection most can only dream of kind of make me reluctant to show mine on the display section of the forums although once I get my figures on display I will share simply to join in ha

Cocobean

Padawan
Just an update thank you everyone for their advice I managed to get one on eBay and later that day just like busses 2 came up a one with a better conditioned box so ended up with 2 so will assess the better pieces and quickly get rid of the other before the credit card bill comes in ha

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cocobean said:
Just an update thank you everyone for their advice I managed to get one on eBay and later that day just like busses 2 came up a one with a better conditioned box so ended up with 2 so will assess the better pieces and quickly get rid of the other before the credit card bill comes in ha

Congratulations, if you have an extra instruction then I would like to buy it :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom