Rebel Transport ROTJ Palitoy with "Free Poster"???

MikeStrange

Padawan
Can anyone help me out, I've just purchased a boxed Palitoy ROTJ Rebel Transport and the box has a big yellow sticker on the front stating "Free Poster". Is this a Palitoy Offer or maybe a Store Specific offer? The only pic I have at the moment is the one below. I'll take some close ups next week once I've received it.
Thanks, Mike

10540546_10152782207064537_3262538594810245915_n.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Me neither, not seen or heard of this. Would be interested to see a better shot of the sticker and the writing on it. It begs the obvious question - is the poster still in the box?

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Mike,

It's a store offer,John Menzies was a Scottish retailer that sold newspapers,books,toys etc that had stores all over the UK in the 80's/90's & WH Smith bought them out in the late 90's I think!

I've seen an AT AT one before but never a Rebel Transport until now,cool find & congrats! 8)

MikeStrange

Padawan
DarthStanley said:
Hi Mike,

It's a store offer,John Menzies was a Scottish retailer that sold newspapers,books,toys etc that had stores all over the UK in the 80's/90's & WH Smith bought them out in the late 90's I think!

I've seen an AT AT one before but never a Rebel Transport until now,cool find & congrats! 8)

We had a John Menzies in Cardiff too, didn't know they sold toys though. I've just started a AT-AT focus (I bought the one in the picture, and thought the Transport could be a bit special?!?) so now I'm a little gutted there's ANOTHER AT-AT boxed variant I've just found out about and do not own.

Cheers for the info though DarthStanley, the mention of John Menzies brought back some memories from my childhood :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
It's John Menzies? We had one in Epsom, it was like a big newsagent but also sold toys, records and a pretty good range of ZX Spectrum, C64 games. It's probably this poster (I don't know if it was packed inside the box or given separately by store staff, the one below looks rolled rather than folded):

palitoy-spbike-model-ad-johnmenzies.jpg

There's a link here to an old thread: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18924&start=0

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Wow, nice find! You must have a warehouse empty if you're starting an At At focus!

Will look forward to seeing the close up pic of the sticker. Worth picking up for sure.

And that looks like a cool shop!

MikeStrange

Padawan
SublevelStudios said:
Wow, nice find! You must have a warehouse empty if you're starting an At At focus!

Will look forward to seeing the close up pic of the sticker. Worth picking up for sure.

And that looks like a cool shop!

Do you happen to know how many AT-AT variant boxes there are? I was at 14 but with the information about the John Menzies promo, that's 15. I currently have 5 and already running out of space :)

I will get some close up pics once I get the Transport, fingers crossed the poster is present.

The shop can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leicester-vintage-old-toy-shop/267034229536?fref=ts

Mike

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
MikeStrange said:
Do you happen to know how many AT-AT variant boxes there are? I was at 14 but with the information about the John Menzies promo, that's 15. I currently have 5 and already running out of space :)

Hi Mike, can you list out the box variants?

Thanks
marc

MikeStrange

Padawan
theguiltyone said:
MikeStrange said:

Hi Mike, can you list out the box variants?

Thanks
marc

So far I've found the following AT-AT Box Variations (I only own 5 at the moment)

1. USA ESB
2. USA ESB with Rebate
3. USA ESB with Free Accessories*
4. USA ESB with Free Accessories and Rebate
5. ROTJ*

6. Canadian ESB*
7. Canadian ESB with Free Accessories
8. Canadian ESB Sears Offer
9. Canadian ESB Distributing Offer

10. Palitoy ESB*
11. Palitoy ESB with Meccano sticker
12. Palitoy ESB with John Menzies Offer
13. Palitoy ROTJ with Yellow Circle Accessories Offer
14. Palitoy ROTJ with Black AT-AT Sticker overlay*
15. Palitoy ROTJ with Meccano sticker

Phew! The one's I have I've marked with a *

Cheers, Mike

walkie

Sith Lord
There's a few more special stickered offered one's for you....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137p45-potb-project-outside-the-box-your-one-stop-place-for-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-rigs-creatures-etc#AT-AT

MikeStrange

Padawan
theguiltyone said:
Thanks for the list Mike, that's a lot of display space required.
You going to have a good stab at the full run?

marc

Trying to mate, going to be a long road. I've completed a run of 12" Boxed Princess Leias but this run is certainly going to be a tough one.

MikeStrange

Padawan
walkie said:
There's a few more special stickered offered one's for you....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137p45-potb-project-outside-the-box-your-one-stop-place-for-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-rigs-creatures-etc#AT-AT

That's a great site for reference. All the one's on the Gunnery list are also listed above thank god, otherwise I'd be selling up and scrapping the AT-AT run :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom