Royal Mail & US Post - Bring it on and do your worst!!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

May as well post this now as it seems to be a quite relevant topic.

A week or so ago I posted a box very similar to this below to a guy in the USA via Royal Mail recorded and signed for delivery:

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is how it turned up!!

image.jpg

Now here is the good part, due to the way in which I packaged the moc internally... Amazingly and pretty much unbelievably the moc was completely unharmed.

image.jpg

So I say to Royal Mail & US Post... BRING... IT... ON!!!

Bram

itfciain

Grand Master
I saw that on Facebook Bram - awful

Neil sent me a box with some bits in, including a MISB Trilogo Rebo band that I'd forgotten to pack and thought it safer to post than put in my luggage - my box arrived looking exactly like that and surfice to say, the Rebo Band is no longer MISB :(

Not sure whether it is at the Royal Mail end or when they get over here - but it is truly shocking that a package can end up looking like that

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Oh mate, that's not good. When the buyer messaged me with a pic of the box saying 'I'm not sure I wanna open this"... I took one look and thought oh my life, there is no way hat has survived!

I agree, maybe it's not Royal Mail but it looks as if it got soaked at some ointment then crushed under weight... Any which way they need to sort themselves out!!

Alls well that ends well for 2-1b... Hoorah!

tundra9

Sith Lord
More than once I've sent or received packages with either a sticker or hand written fragile, they've turned up crushed like that,
almost as if the postal workers get angry when they're marked like that....

PGowdy

Grand Master
I'd put in a claim. Pictures like that were enough to get me a full payout with Hermes. Royal Mail are ****ers tho. From what i've heard they basically never pay out on anything.

itfciain

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
I'd put in a claim. Pictures like that were enough to get me a full payout with Hermes. Royal Mail are ****ers tho. From what i've heard they basically never pay out on anything.

I think you're right there Pete - there process is long as well - about 90 days. Also, even though we are I the computer age now, I believe you have to print the claim form off and fill it in by hand!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Can I just ask why you are putting the blame soley on Royal Mail for this??

How about the the US postal service?? Could this not have happened in the US.

I'm sorry but being a postie I get pissed off when it's always Royal Mail are ****, Royal Mail break everything they carry, Royal Mail cant be trusted.

I admit we are not perfect and stuff does get damaged in transit, but nor is every other delivery firm. We all have problems from time to time. I also agree that RM's customer service and compensation process is crap.

A lot of the time the damage is due to poor packaging, although I will say Bram your's looks bomb proof so something must have gone drastically wrong to end up like that.

Sorry for the rant but I am proud of who I work for and would like to think I do a good job and take care of everything I handle.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Bramistuta25 said:
Oh mate, that's not good. When the buyer messaged me with a pic of the box saying 'I'm not sure I wanna open this"... I took one look and thought oh my life, there is no way hat has survived!

I agree, maybe it's not Royal Mail but it looks as if it got soaked at some ointment then crushed under weight... Any which way they need to sort themselves out!!

I did mention it may not be Royal Mail, maybe I should change the heading, sorry dude.

itfciain

Grand Master
Chris, I agree with you - I so rarely ever have any problems with the Royal Mail considering how many items I send out through it - often it is one or two twats that you would get in any company

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bramistuta25 said:
Bramistuta25 said:

I did mention it may not be Royal Mail, maybe I should change the heading, sorry dude.

Like the title better now!!!! :lol: Didn't read all the posts before I started writing. Note to self, read every post before you write a post!!! :D :lol:

Sorry for the little outburst Bram and all. Wasn't aimed at you Bram, just a general rant at a lot of people's negativity towards RM.

Maybe I am bias seeing as I work for them.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
Bramistuta25 said:
Bramistuta25 said:

Like the title better now!!!! :lol: Didn't read all the posts before I started writing. Note to self, read every post before you write a post!!! :D :lol:

Sorry for the little outburst Bram and all. Wasn't aimed at you Bram, just a general rant at a lot of people's negativity towards RM.

Maybe I am bias seeing as I work for them.

Brilliant Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think of you everytime RM gets bashed on here, it must be frustrating as I know you are one of the good 'uns.

I might move to your area just to guarantee a good service. :wink:

x-pack

Grand Master
Had one arrive from Thailand today, just some modern figures for the young lad. Big ****ing dent in the box like someone had booted it. Thought about taking a photo but didn't. Stuff inside was ok.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I know what you mean Barry. I don't think we have had one parcel from China/Thailand ever in the office that hasn't had a big dent in it. I really don't know what they do with the parcels before we get them.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
I know what you mean Barry. I don't think we have had one parcel from China/Thailand ever in the office that hasn't had a big dent in it. I really don't know what they do with the parcels before we get them.

Oi Chris.... I work for the Thai postal service and let me tell you, we give every package a good kicking before sending it on its way :lol: :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
PGowdy said:

I think you're right there Pete - there process is long as well - about 90 days. Also, even though we are I the computer age now, I believe you have to print the claim form off and fill it in by hand!

Hermes paid me 3 days after i made a claim. Thought they'd ask for more pictures as the ones i sent were of a dented box mainly.
The guy had agreed a partial refund with me to keep the items and Hermes paid me the full insured amount no questions asked. 8)

Grant

Sith Lord
I'm really not a fan of FRAGILE tape. Some of those cunts see it and think football. I bet your box would have been fine had it not been labelled as fragile. Just a thought Bram. Glad nothing got wrecked regardless. G

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom