sold up my collection, still enjoying the hobby

grinchy

Sith Lord
So after some recent health issues, i decided to sell up my loose vintage collection, which was incomplete, i got a good price on one of the facebook groups, gave a bit of inheritance money to the kids and to the wife, and got some to spend on my movie collecting
It was a hard decision, but after not really buying anything over the past few years, and what i needed getting up there in price, i bit the bullet and sold.
I'm keeping the modern stuff, theres not much interest in that, and my room is now a cabinet down, but still full of decent goodies, i'll still be around, i still love collecting, just won't be buying any more vintage

Palifan

Sith Lord
As above, the main thing is that you're hopefully back on the mend now and I haven't picked up that much vintage SW over the past several years also, but still check in here daily,. As long as we still hear from you from time to time (and see some of those sweet Blu ray pick ups!), it makes no difference to me if people here are still buying or not, it's just nice to read members comments and hear their thoughts on things.

There will probably come the time for all of us to think about our collections in some way ( I know I moved away from SW and more into Monster collecting a while back), and it sounds like the right time for you was now.

Look forward to seeing what you've been picking up and hearing from you soon.

Ian

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
As others have said mate, hope you are ok and on the mend, your health is what is important, really hope you're ok. I think we can all agree that buying isn't as important as it used to be in this hobby. I remember thinking the exact opposite a few years ago - if I wasn't looking for or chasing down something I'd loose interest, but with the way prices are I can honestly say just spending time in here is better and I'm not exaggerating when I say my favourite thread is your film/Blu-ray.
You are a pillar of this forum bud, had many lovely messages over the years, looking forward to many more (films though, none of that SW nonsense)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Hey mate hope your all ok, know you have a top family around you so keep positive mate.

ha ha give it a couple of years and you'll be down the vintage route again!

you have a super modern collection anyway mate so enjoy that

keep well buddy

grinchy

Sith Lord
thanks guys, i appreciate it, yeah my health issues have been getting worse over the past year or so, nothing drastic but it certainly takes it out of you, never mind there's always someone worse of than you.
I'll still be around the forums, and yes i'll post in my bluray thread to, glad you like it

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
As above- Hope you're ok mate. Things like illness and bereavement can make you really take stock and see what is truly important in your life. I'm really glad you're going to stay around, as you add so much to this place. Take care.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'd like to echo the above sentiments. Your health must always come first, as should your happiness, ahead of expensive pieces of painted plastic. I really hope your health improves and also that you will still hang around and continue to contribute to this forum. It certainly wouldn't be the same without your regular posts :)

Jeremy

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
As above mate, just hope you're on the mend and in reality they are just bits of plastic that hold memory's of your childhood. I don't buy that much now just the odd one now and again. But I do enjoy this forums content movie chat polls etc

sith-smith

Grand Master
Good to see you're still here. There's certainly more to star wars than just collecting. And there's certainly more to life than star wars.

Wishing you all the best.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great that you are still here on the forum (y) There are also room on the forum for other things than star wars ;)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Absolutely make sure you do Grinchy, we need to keep stalwarts like yourself on here …. It's doesn't matter if you move away from SW collecting ( at some point you'll probably get back on the horse!) your input to the forum is invaluable as you are a great example of what this forum is all about

keep safe mate and keep posting 🙂

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Good to hear from you mate. Glad the health issues have got better. I'm selling up a lot of stuff to get things done around the house. As I've said before as long as I can watch the OT whenever I want that's enough for me, I'll keep some special pieces but a lot will be going.

Stay safe mate.

Lee

Latest posts

Top Bottom