Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No, my collection is complete

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, I'm starting to sell it off

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Figure collection not quite complete, need Yak Face and various accessories and weapons. I keep an eye out for things, but haven't picked anything up for a while. I find it hard to justify the price a lot of things go for nowadays, and could not pay what people ask for weapons and/or accessories that I never had as a child, therefore would not even be sure were authentic.

Dave_S

Padawan
yup, still collecting..Only need 3 to finish the 96 originals...Romba, Warok and Luke Endor..think I need to take out a mortgage :ROFLMAO:

Walrusbumface

Youngling
I'm done with vintage Kenner STAR WARS. I pretty much got everything I'd set out to get.

Any upgrades, army-building needs, will be kindly supplied by the Hasbro RETRO COLLECTION lines - a much more affordable way of owning multiple (mint white) Imperial troops.

I only collect the figures (loose). I don't own any of the dolls, play sets, vehicles / spaceships, monsters / beasts of burden, mini rigs, die-cast, micro collection ... etc, etc.

Just limiting myself to the figures has saved me a load of $$$$$ - and lots of space.

batman

Padawan
I still enjoy my collection but to be honest my latest vintage SW purchase was over six months ago. I have branched out into other toylines, it all depends on what I can get for a decent price. With prices nowadays, increased shipping costs and insane import charges it's just more fun to pick up a cheap toy and go full ToyPolloi with milliput and styrene to make it look halfway decent.

jayums

Jedi Master
Priced out of vintage Star Wars. I love them but don't feel the need to own them anymore - can't justify the costs, so time to move on. Picked up the retro collection figures from the OT as they're relatively cheap and cheerful .

Walrusbumface

Youngling
Priced out of vintage Star Wars. I love them but don't feel the need to own them anymore - can't justify the costs, so time to move on. Picked up the retro collection figures from the OT as they're relatively cheap and cheerful .

Agreed.

Vintage Kenner SW is also getting too rich for me. I'm glad I got as much as I did. Now, it's time to move on with the sensible option: the OT Retro Coll lines from Hasbro.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Still collecting but have not bought anything in nearly year due to the rarity of the stuff I collect, it either doesn't exist or in very low numbers and almost never comes up for sale. I achieved my goal in 2022 to replace everything I sold in 2004 which took me five years, so I guess anything else I get is a bonus!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Always adding pieces. Not always vintage anymore. Nice to see some old avatars posting. Miss the old days.

Attachments

• FEAC5D37-C460-4F53-AF7B-328CE50E8DA2.jpeg
    FEAC5D37-C460-4F53-AF7B-328CE50E8DA2.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 46

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice to see people posting screen used pieces - glad I'm not the only dafty buying random bits :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I agree with you mate star wars vintage has gone all to expensive. But we can still get some items cheap. Today I saw a stormie for sale without weapon £10 in denmark. It was nice and white. I still think that is a good price. But for a complete loose run, yes it is ****ing expensive today.

jayums

Jedi Master
I agree with you mate star wars vintage has gone all to expensive. But we can still get some items cheap. Today I saw a stormie for sale without weapon £10 in denmark. It was nice and white. I still think that is a good price. But for a complete loose run, yes it is ****ing expensive today.

I wasn't a long time collector , I only got back into vintage SW around 2015 ish and it was brilliant to reconnect with my childhood and pick up the figures I had (and never had!) the first time around for modest sums. Felt like a not very serious hobby. Happy memories !

Last edited:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I'm still collecting, and there are items I'd love to add to my collection, but it's pretty rare I buy anything these days. Cost is really the cause of this, with even shabby/incomplete items commanding a premium. I've been meaning to add the DV Star Destroyer and Imperial Attack Base playsets to my collection for years, but I want them boxed & complete and they seem to go for a premium these days - especially the DVSD. Other items I've wanted (12" Fett, Pali Death Star) I'm resigned to never owning - I just couldn't justify paying the prices the command.

The other side of that coin is that current prices make it tempting to consider selling up, but all I have to do is look at the items I have on display and I soon snap out of that idea! :LOL:

Mosh

Padawan
I am still collecting, although I am not a completist and I am quite satisfied with the vintage figures. I would only wish each had their complete accesories (some are missing). I collect mainly from the Vintage Collection series: the Kenner era is nice to have but in my opinion, if you take the nostalgia factor out of it, the figures pale in comparison with what can be nowadays achieved. No regrets about having an incomplete Lilí-Ledy/Kenner collection. I just regret that the prices have doubled compared to three years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom