Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers

Frunkstar

Grand Master
This thread is for one thing – plain & simple!, to try to put across to Mr Poon that it would be in his best interests to mark his new creations (fake Stormtroopers) clearly with the word Reproduction or at bare minimum a large R on the back leg where the Current vintage COO is & to make it indented rather that raised to avoid them being easily scarred out.

My thoughts are this – if he can see that it would be to his benefit to do so (so he will sell more) then he will do so, after all the number one thing I would think in his mind is making as much cash from his investment as possible, & if those of us that are considering buying these refuse to until the COO is altered & make no mistake lots of folks will want to buy these regardless of consequences of what a few collectors say on a public forum.

There will be lots of folks wanting to buy these for army building/dioramas/re sale in bulk etc etc & if anyone considering buying some & especially those wanting to buy them in large batches sign a petition & if possible also contact Mark either here or via his email or via ebay & say I want X amount of these but will not buy until you alter the coo's then he would have no other choice that to do so.

Here is how to contact him – markpoon

Here via pm – Via Ebay ASK SELLER A QUESTION – Username ( swindfan )

His email – [email protected]

This may well not work, but if we sit back & do nothing we have only ourselves to blame for not doing what we can to try to keep this hobby we all love the way it should be.

Please add your username & real name below & let see if we can't make something positive happen!

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
I am for this.

imperial nut - Steve.

e-mail to mark will follow.

cheers

IMGP0911.jpg

FLETCH

Padawan
I"ve been looking at these fake stormtroopers and they look almost spot on to me in the pics.
It got me thinking, this guy that made them put them up on ebay as customs which alerted everyone to them.
What if he had not had done it that way and just sold them as real ones through various user names.
Im wondering has this been done before . Is this the first time figures have been faked like this?
If they can make fakes like this and his painted rocket firing boba fett ( if they made it without the rocket firing mec ) the figure and the spray opps look spot on.
What else has been faked with this expertise that we don't know about ?

Tom

What a shame for the hobby. Fakes and repros are such a plague - but that isn't new news. I bet if this guy changed the COO to MRPOON CUSTOMS 2012 he would sell even more.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
greedodidntshoot said:
What a shame for the hobby. Fakes and repros are such a plague - but that isn't new news. I bet if this guy changed the COO to MRPOON CUSTOMS 2012 he would sell even more.

This was my idea about making it a petition - appeal to the guys best interest (his wallet) & if convinced he can sell a lot more marked as repro I am sure the petition would have been a resounding success, sadly no one else seems to see it that way, so instead of the community making that concerted effort to get these altered, all they have done is put there head in the sand & pushed his production under the radar making it a bloody nightmare & god only knows how many of these will now filter through in to collections via ebay etc etc etc :(

FLETCH

Padawan
i have contacted him with both my user names i use on ebay through both of his user accounts to try and buy some as i wanted them for reference as i buy and sell a lot of loose figures but on both request he told me he will no longer be selling them and he has sent the rest back
but as you say the damage has already been done

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom