Stormy display case

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just a quickie.....

Looking to display my 12 back MOC stormy but worried about the bubble or figure discolouring; currently all looking very good and want to keep it that way if poss.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly causes figure and bubble tinting; would a uv star case guard against this? Also, does the uv case look the same as a standard case or is there a tint?

Cheers chaps (and chapesses)!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've never heard of a UV starcase but I think a Protech star case gives UV protection. Or get an acrylic case which also protects against ultra violet. I wouldn't worry too much, obviously keep it out of direct sunlight. Get it on display man! 8)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Hi Lom,

Christian of GW is the person to speak to about this. Im not 100% but I remember a conversation with him about non UV cases still filtering 95% or so of the UV, as opposed to 99% for the archival or something like that. Not really sure about star cases.

If I were you I would splash out on an acrylic case. Not only will it keep your MOC nice and safe, they also look really good. It is such a good display option for a MOC and makes it a showcase for a display.

itfciain

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
Hi Lom,

Christian of GW is the person to speak to about this. Im not 100% but I remember a conversation with him about non UV cases still filtering 95% or so of the UV, as opposed to 99% for the archival or something like that. Not really sure about star cases.

If I were you I would splash out on an acrylic case. Not only will it keep your MOC nice and safe, they also look really good. It is such a good display option for a MOC and makes it a showcase for a display.

Ben is pretty much spot on there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom