THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 28 LAUNCHED

andygo

Padawan
dvs.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just finished it, made a 3 hour train journey to Newcastle today a lot more bearable! Really enjoyed Simon's interview, and I found the discussion about trilogo last 17 MOCs very interesting. I just added the cost of mine up - admittedly I don't have Yak Face yet who could cost anything from £600-£1300 these days, but on the other 16 I have spent £1997.71 so far since December 2014. So even if I did spend a grand on Yak (which I have no intention of doing) it would still be a shade under 3k.

Looking over individual prices I think most of them are still perfectly achievable with a bit of patience, so I'm amazed the average price for a set in the past year has jumped to nearly 5k. But I guess that's a lack of patience playing a big part.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
It's mad that a A-Wing Pilot MOC is so cheap compared to the loose complete figure. That's a real quirk of capitalism.

Meco's version of Star wars is such that if I've heard a big band, brass band, lounge band, lounge organist or small orchestra do Star Wars for the kids it was usually a take on Meco's version with the Cantina medley-ed in there. He must have got his sheet-music in amongst the easy listening circuit the world over.

Pedant alert - Meco did do an ESB record. A 12" E.P. which, unlike his Star Wars one, has proper logos and more on the cover, inferring that it might be licensed.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
chipsteak said:
It's mad that a A-Wing Pilot MOC is so cheap compared to the loose complete figure. That's a real quirk of capitalism.

I've seen carded Nikto's sell for less than loose "Yak Face staffs" recently so it's not exclusive to him unfortunately.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Just finished it, made a 3 hour train journey to Newcastle today a lot more bearable! Really enjoyed Simon's interview, and I found the discussion about trilogo last 17 MOCs very interesting. I just added the cost of mine up - admittedly I don't have Yak Face yet who could cost anything from £600-£1300 these days, but on the other 16 I have spent £1997.71 so far since December 2014. So even if I did spend a grand on Yak (which I have no intention of doing) it would still be a shade under 3k.

Looking over individual prices I think most of them are still perfectly achievable with a bit of patience, so I'm amazed the average price for a set in the past year has jumped to nearly 5k. But I guess that's a lack of patience playing a big part.

That's interesting, Edd. I added mine up after hearing Pete's research and since March 2015 my 17 come to £2,750 so have to agree with you; patience does play a big part. It's still possible to do it for a lot less than the market average.

spoons

Grand Master
Another really enjoyable show chaps. I listen to a lot of podcasts and I can honestly say yours is the one I most enjoy listening to.

Simon is another with a great history - I had no idea he had such fantastic tales from the old days

Tony's oddball records were brilliant (although with that Meco track you had me thinking I was listening to RFR for a minute) - I now want to collect 8 tracks.

And Chris seemed like a really nice chap. I feel bad that I was that guy that had the annoying deal on eBay :lol: Seems like most people only have good things to say so I'll have to pop in one day and buy something in person

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very funny summary of my Star Wars Celebration encounter with the Vintage Rebellion team...

"Competition? Sorry which competition...er?"

For a moment I thought "Oh no! Maybe I dreamt it?!"

After some discussion and the hangovers had cleared, Richard led me to Iain, who also had no recollection of the competition? Got there in the end and the Blue Snag arrived in perfect condition. Very funny podcast. Thanks for the mention.

itfciain

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Very funny summary of my Star Wars Celebration encounter with the Vintage Rebellion team...

"Competition? Sorry which competition...er?"

For a moment I thought "Oh no! Maybe I dreamt it?!"

After some discussion and the hangovers had cleared, Richard led me to Iain, who also had no recollection of the competition? Got there in the end and the Blue Snag arrived in perfect condition. Very funny podcast. Thanks for the mention.

:lol: - yes you must have wondered what on earth was going on there

In my defense I had been toiling away selling lots of shiny boxes that weekend so my mind was shot - glad we got you sorted though and it was a pleasure to help out

Ren Solo

Padawan
About half way through, yet another belting show lads. By far my favourite podcast. Loving the chirpy Rich! Only downside is now Having heard Stu talking about it for so long and now Simon, I have an urge to collect Sigma! Oh, and I love my Yoda hand puppet and can confirm that, yes he can stand unaided.

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

Just started the listening today. Loved the discussion on facebook groups and the various rules and expectations people have, please do try for a follow up "rumble in the internet jungle" segment!

Cheers, Jared.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Another fantastic show fellas, real pleasure as always 8)
Really enjoyed ur interview Simon and look forward to seeing u all at FF :)

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Yet another outstanding show guys. Excellent interviews all around. Really a fun listen to Pete's interview with the toy shop owner as well.
Got a kick out of Rich's "higher or lower" game. Next time I think you should add a bit of alcohol into the mix as it would make for a perfect drinking game. :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Well, I ended up listening on my drive to Whitby yesterday. Its the perfect length!
As ever a brilliant show and I personally enjoyed Grant's interview with the music collector, fun, informative and on a journey such as mine a dream to have (most of the) musical interludes too.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Well done, a fine instalment and an entertaining listen! You guys somehow always manage to find 'eclectic' Star Wars songs for the podcast but that French one sung to the main theme tune was quite something... :D

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Great episode guys.
The interview with Chris was enjoyable, he talks nice and relaxed like this with everyone.

I've just started listening to episode 1 as I have a little down time by the pool this week :D .
Grant, you sound so serious!
Richard, modern carded colector lol.
Stu, doesn't want to sound so much of a tool lol.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Definitely one of my favs. Loved the music section. That's a great bloody idea for collecting. Those versions had me proper cracking up. I must look to see if he has a digital version of Return Of The Jedi of this one I have on tape. I just uploaded it to Youtube via an analogue converter. While it's here, do any of you have this version in digital?

[youtube]Qen0hF8Jweg[/youtube]

maxf

Jedi Master
I really enjoyed it - good show as always!

I especially enjoyed the interview with Joe in Leicester - really friendly guys who LOVE toys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom