THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 51 LAUNCHED

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I can't believe you lazy buggers only made this episode 4 hours plus change. :lol:

Another good one fellas. I have to say though, I'm missing Simon and his reports from the auction houses. I know, he has a small fanbase, but it's a loyal one. :wink:

Loved the interview with Chris Leddy. Especially because we seem to share similar collecting focuses.

And, Jez. Best of luck when you get shipped (flown) out. Stay safe and looking forward to your return to the podcast ASAP.

Chris

Taffius

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Another good one fellas. I have to say though, I'm missing Simon and his reports from the auction houses. I know, he has a small fanbase, but it's a loyal one. :wink: .

And, Jez. Best of luck when you get shipped (flown) out. Stay safe and looking forward to your return to the podcast ASAP.

Chris

There is a missing link to the podcast. Simon has left a void and agree that the "balance" :lol: is off a bit. This is what happens when you get used to "norms". Imagine if Jez doesnt manage to get his podcast uploaded - carnage is predicted... :lol: :lol:. Who is going to keep Richard in check? Where will the calm and opposing opinion come from. Pete cannot be expected to hold the the whole podcast up on his own surely! :lol:

Seriously though, take care absentees whatever you are up too and thanks again for a great product (are the sound bites and music interludes getting even better?) and time committment given so "we" get our monthly fix and thirst for vintage! Top job once again all!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Taffius said:
TK-7785 said:
Another good one fellas. I have to say though, I'm missing Simon and his reports from the auction houses. I know, he has a small fanbase, but it's a loyal one. :wink: .

Chris

There is a missing link to the podcast. Simon has left a void and agree that the "balance" :lol: is off a bit. This is what happens when you get used to "norms". Imagine if Jez doesnt manage to get his podcast uploaded - carnage is predicted... :lol: :lol:. Who is going to keep Richard in check? Where will the calm and opposing opinion come from. Pete cannot be expected to hold the the whole podcast up on his own surely! :lol:

Seriously though, take care absentees whatever you are up too and thanks again for a great product (are the sound bites and music interludes getting even better?) and time committment given so "we" get our monthly fix and thirst for vintage! Top job once again all!

Exactly! And who is Stu hurl all his abuse and insults at!? I think Pete and Richard are going to have to take up the slack and take it for the team. :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks,
I've now got images in my head that really do not belong there....marigolds...really! :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Really enjoyed the Chris Leddy interview. Coincidentally I'd just finished listening to the Chive Cast's Round Table interview with Chris "What's in the box" Bodkins, Steve "Sward" Ward and Chris "Such a special lady" Leddy, so if you liked this one and in particular the Rebel Commando it's definitely worth checking out Sky and Steve's podcast too.

spoons

Grand Master
I liked the shorter form of this one. Four hours is a good length

I think Jez is spot on (hard to believe) with the Slave 1 inspiring the naming of the mini-rigs.

I never realised that the rigs were consecutive numbers before today (thanks for that) but inspiration for numbers following on from Slave 1 makes perfect sense. Far more sense than 'One' man sail skiff being first in the line - a mini-rig whose name doesn't even follow the form of the orthers and is that only called one-man sail skiff on tri-logo boxes, Kenner calls it the Desert Sail skiff

Far easier to see a brainstorming session coming up with a system based on Slave-1

Well done Jez

And well done the rest of you for I think my favourite show in a while (nothing to do with Si's absence), learnt lots (mini-rig numbers and Lucus and Troppers were all new to me) and really enjoyed Chris's discussion of collecting card variations. I think Pete is the first to spot that Lucus error. The quiz was not too difficult either.

hope Jez isn't missed too much and hope to hear the sounds of helicopters and explosions for Jez's phone in pieces, your now foreign correspondant

Only criticism is that I have to pull Stu up on the Micro Bacta Tank, which was never released so only protos exist for that set, but the micro collection is a fantastic line and well worth collecting.

Taffius

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Scarifpacific said:
I feel for Taff, staring longingly at his signed picture of Jez! :D
Perhaps Steve Savory can make a Running Stormtrooper teatowel for Taff for every time he gets the marigolds out :shock:

Many thanks. Much appreciated. Dont do washing up so no marigolds required but thanks for the offer.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Great listen as always chaps, thank you. I must confess I was concerned hearing that one of the topics in Rebel Briefings was shorter podcasts, so it was good to hear that it's only Jez's absence that will affect my listening pleasure over the next few months! All the best over there Jez and hopefully we can still hear your dulcet tones from time to time.

Simon's input and particularly the market watch were missed, the usual format with the 5 hosts just seems to hit the right balance.

Content was great, I enjoyed the interview with Chris, and the discussions on spotting fakes, and the MTV-7, always felt this was one of the better mini rigs and I can't believe none of the regular team spotted the similarity to Fred Flintstone's car! Gimcrack was also good with the ceramic lamp being a worthy winner.

Looking forward to the next one!

Commander Clint

Padawan
Thanks for having me on the show, this month. As I broke the news to Stuart on FB. I don't own the ceramic lamp. I did send him a screen shot of the ebay BIN. If he wants to track it down.

I also posted a few pictures of the Canadian Coca Cola poster on FB, but I'll share here as well. It's the smaller version with the "Mr. Dealer" info on the back.

IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Love you all. Apart from Spoons. Gone right off you. You and Rich now share a page in my little, black notebook.

Did you listen? It was a great show :lol:

Look forward to hearing your dulcet tones next month :mrgreen:

Vintageviewport

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
Really enjoyed the Chris Leddy interview. Coincidentally I'd just finished listening to the Chive Cast's Round Table interview with Chris "What's in the box" Bodkins, Steve "Sward" Ward and Chris "Such a special lady" Leddy, so if you liked this one and in particular the Rebel Commando it's definitely worth checking out Sky and Steve's podcast too.

Glad you liked both episodes I was involved with. Means a lot. It's always fun to talk about your passions within the collecting community.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Great episode boys - and thanks v.much for the mention of May The Toys Be With You, that was unexpected and really pleased to hear that Pete enjoyed his little visit to Leicester. I have a mental image of him doing his tour guide commentary with a gaggle of tourists hanging on his every word!

You've also given me a new "I gotta have one of those" with the Tsukuda shrink wrapped MOCs with the coin glued on - what a cool item.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Firstly, best wishes to Jez off on his adventures, all the best mate. Take care over there. Hoping there's a good enough signal so you can still dial in.

Interesting piece about collecting tips... one thing I always do is look at the 'sellers to avoid' thread on the forum. That has been very useful on a few occasions.

Nice to hear Woolworths is still going strong in the USA. My mate had a job in Woolworths in Australia, he worked in the off license section! Wish they'd bring it back, bought loads of vintage from Woolies over the years.

The micro collection 'Death Star World' looks amazing, definitely on my want to buy list. There's a good Retroblasting video about it that's worth a viewing.

Simon was missed, really like the auction round up.

Lastly I still think Richard was robbed in episode 50's Gimcrack segment.

Great episode, appreciate the hard work.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Listening now, only about half way through but I'm surprised there was no mention of Laurence's Palitoy multi pack research in the news section.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom