Valuation Request Please!

mrmikescot

Hi. New poster having found this forum via Google today. We're about to move to a new house and in cleaning out our loft I've found most of my Star Wars toys so I think it's sensible to sell them on. These were all bought for me by my parents back in the day when they came out at the same time as the movies. They were very well played with but looked after. They've spent most of the last 35 years or so in boxes so there's very little yellowing or fading.

So, just wondering what these are worth and not entirely sure about the best way to go about selling them to be honest.... eBay?

online shared album with lots of pics

Thank you!

Mike.

Last edited:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Hey - welcome along

Folks here will be happy to give you an idea of value, but to do so you will need to load up some photo's. the value scale on vintage SW is a big one - lose figures/ships that are missing bits here and there are pretty low value all the way up to sealed figures/ships which can be worth silly money.

As for selling, you'll always get the most money by selling items individually and vintage stuff on this forum or eBay usually sells well (no fees here) - I think there are Facebook groups for SW sales as well, never used one myself. If the collection is on the large side and in good shape there are also dealers and auction houses - but from your description here or eBay would be the best.

If the toys are a bit 'rough and ready' then maybe just a bundle sale is better.

If you can load up photo's and see what people say - that'll give you an idea of how to get rid of them.

mrmikescot

Thanks @monkey_roo! Have put up a link to an album now I'm guessing the fact its all loose figures will mean its low value so should maybe just post them up and get a few quid back here and there.

Or try and start a collection... but I guess that's a slippery slope!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
No worries

Always support starting a collection :)

I'm not the best at valuations - but I would say there isn't a lot of big ticket items there and a lot of missing parts (unless not quite in shot) - if you find those it will help

Slave 1 - (£20ish) - if you can the Carbonite Block and ships ramp that might go up to £50+
AT-AT - (£60ish) - if you can find the Chin guns that will jump to £100+ - assuming the electric's work as well.
Snowspeeder - (£25ish) - if you can find the Rear engine parts, maybe £35ish
AT-ST - (£20ish) - if you can find the top gun maybe £30ish

The lose figures that are missing parts are maybe around £10-£15ish as an average, there are few in there that are not in the best state - we call them beaters and maybe £2-£5 each
For the complete figures you have maybe £20-£30 (each) the Han Hoth and Leia Bounty Hunter look complete and decent condition, as to both Gam Guards and Logray.

The Jabba Playset looks complete and in good condition, maybe £50+ for that.

I did notice a Rebel transporter and box and speederbike in the corner of the photo's - anything with boxes etc. always get a bit more.

Overall the figure are maybe around £250ish, the ships £125 and Jabba £50 - maybe some higher/lower but as a bundle maybe £425-£450 - but you would need to sell individually to get that, if you sold as a bundle I suspect you'd get less than that and obviously the good individual items would go quickly leaving you with the maybe some items that might be harder to off load.

Just an opinion - I am sure others will give there's :)

supergoose

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'd think long and hard before selling your childhood toys - once they're gone they're gone so you need to weigh up if what you are going to get for them is worth it. Just dive down the slippery slope instead and start collecting 👊:LOL:

If you do sell them I'd keep a couple of faves back as keepsakes at least (y)

mrmikescot

Thanks again for all the feedback. It has got me thinking that what I should do is aim to collective figures and have a nice display of those but just sell the ships as I won't have the room to display those. I'm sure that decision will go down very well with my wife...

Top Bottom