What was your first ever Star Wars merchandise?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Some of the first 12, Leia, Luke, Vader, Sandperson and Stormtrooper and some of the die cast. I had no idea what they were as I was only 4 or 5 at the time but I do remember loving the die cast Landspeeder.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Rotj comic annual, bought second hand (in 1994) and was my introduction to Star Wars. It was a rancor or an ATST on the cover that drew me in and later on my dad sat me down and told me the story of star wars and empire strikes back. I was gripped!

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
This was my first:

Untitled-1.jpg

Still pleased to have it in my collection

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
my first was I think a marvel star wars comic I read when I was in hospital for a week in 1978, it was slightly larger than a4 size and was the film condensed, think it had vader and luke / liea on the front, would love to get hold of one again, one read and I was hooked :) think I also had a r2d2 soap about this time too

lejackal

Grand Master
Christmas 1985 I got Artoo and Threepio on Trilogo, I think they were the first but being honest I have no memory of what I got when, I only know about those two as I found a photo.
Joe was good enough to feature it on his website:
http://trilogo.info/features/growing-up-trilogo/

x-pack

Grand Master
Either Greedo or Vader around 1981. Bought from a little toy shop in Preston remember being there picking a figure but cannot remember which one

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mine would have been either the Marvel Star Wars comic or the first series Blue Star Wars Topps cards. Really can't remember which came first but I do remember getting the transfer sets shortly after.

Ian

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
My first bits of merchandise were bought for me at the SW screening in early 1978.
It was the Factors Hildebrandt SW poster and the SW cinema program brochure thingy.

Instantly hooked, I swiftly added SW Weekly No.1, Poster magazines and Topps Cards etc.
I had a lot of the Letraset/Helix stationery for school, as well.

I vaguely remember taking the Sphere SW novel to read in primary school, but being told by the teacher to perhaps try something a little easier.
Too many big words :D

Vialli

Padawan
My first piece of Star Wars merchandise was an AT-AT Driver, I bought him without seeing either of the first two films although I must have been aware it, can't recall that now though. I just remember seeing it on a shopping trip with my Mum and thinking it looked a really cool figure so I grabbed him ! Here he is below, still with his original weapon, happy days. :D
image.jpeg

Marc

Youngling
Mine was a light sabre , from marble arch odeon, after star wars. i had to have a darth vader red one as they run out of the other colours!
and that odeon had the biggest screen i had ever seen!, far earlier than multi screens. no idea what happened to it sadly.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
Some of the first 12, Leia, Luke, Vader, Sandperson and Stormtrooper and some of the die cast. I had no idea what they were as I was only 4 or 5 at the time but I do remember loving the die cast Landspeeder.

Almost identical story... I got a few figures for my birthday, must have been 5? My mother says Star Wars was all the rage. I'd been to see the film but I don't think I put the two together. Must've been 1978. I think i got Luke, Chewie and R2 maybe even Leia too but my mind is foggy. I think I took them to school.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom