Wicket with square hood?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have just picked up this MOC, and as you can see the hood is squared off at the bottom:

wicket.jpg

I am 99% sure I used to own a tri-logo Wicket MOC with exactly the same hood style. In fact it was nearly 10 years ago so may even be the same one I used to own! Do any of the loose variant collectors (or Ewok experts) know if this is considered a variant, or is it just a one-off factory error? Has anybody seen Wicket's like this on any other card backs?

walkie

Sith Lord
Now that is weird ?!?! I'd say factory error, maybe it got trimmed off or was a short shot. However I wouldn't expect a short shot to be square.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't have it in hand yet, but will check when it arrives.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here's another photo, it definitely looks 'severed' but I've no idea how these things were made, as it's a soft rubber maybe they were hand-cut from larger pieces?

wicket2.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes that would also make sense. Still interested to know if anybody else has seen one like this, I've seen carded figures with production errors or that have broken inside the bubble, but I've never seen a 'broken' figure get passed QA before.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
I am pretty sure they are injection moulded (some have ejector pin marks/seams, mould letters) I'd say it was roughly pulled out of a mould and tore.

I agree with you james :wink:

TheGent

Jedi Master
Haven't got a square one, but own two wickets with different forms on the lower part of the hood. Will post pics this afternoon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom