WOW What an auction! Includes Carded Vlix and Blue Stars MOC

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Yikes what happened in this thread? Surely people can see auctions being outed has positive & negative points. Recent tri Madine outed before it was shipped resulted in a Blarc move & the original buyer missing out. I'm sure many of us have had friends privately mention things of interest that would have sucked if they were publically made known? ie vac sealed Dengar. I wouldn't be happy if every poorly listed Ledy auction was outed. I'm NOT saying it's wrong to highlight interesting auctions but it can clearly have negative effects.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
tiefighterboy said:
Better than a richboy wanna be punk (Emo Fag Tattoo Artist) coming on her whining like a bitch about us poor people robbing you of your chance to win big auctions...I am glad the dildo joke got to you...as I remember you are the new one here and you are the one stirring up **** with your dumbass bragging.

THAT is ****ing hilarious.... I've been part of the Punk/OI scene for over 25 years,far from a wannabe,more like a been there done it, and came from absolutely NOTHING money wise,earned everything I have in this world, so you're wrong on both counts there. Piercer/shop owner, not a tattoo artist...have been for over 19 years. And I can't see how I'm bragging...really. You're the only one stirring up ****. Everyone else here is discussing things like a person. No wonders you didn't last on RS.

Cheers
Joe

PGowdy

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
Yikes what happened in this thread? Surely people can see auctions being outed has positive & negative points. Recent tri Madine outed before it was shipped resulted in a Blarc move & the original buyer missing out. I'm sure many of us have had friends privately mention things of interest that would have sucked if they were publically made known? ie vac sealed Dengar. I wouldn't be happy if every poorly listed Ledy auction was outed. I'm NOT saying it's wrong to highlight interesting auctions but it can clearly have negative effects.

I can see your point and it has been admitted that outing auctions can sometimes be a bit of a bitch if you are the one hoping to win said auction. Tho i do believe that Madine was outed after the sale and thus resulted in someone else contacting the seller and offering him more. Which i would say is possibly something you shouldn't do. If an item has just sold, possibly it would be fairer to wait a few days before outing so that someone else doesn't swoop in and make an offer. This practice is immoral and sadly typical in the collecting community but totally different to what we're discussing.

I think the argument here is more that auction outing is not banned or seen as wrong on this forum and untill it is members should feel they can out an auction or a find or whatever without the fear of being accused of "cock-blocking, screwing people out of money, being vindictive..." or whatever. It's just not on.
If someone has an issue with auction outing or think it should be banned and has reason why, perhaps it should be handled in a much more, co.uk way. ie, start a thread to begin a discussion on the matter stating your reasons for not liking it. Not chastising members with "and yes I found out who was bidding against me, and that he was told about it by someone that saw it here first...think before you out stuff" and "The fact is that doing this invariably ****s over the collectors that do their work and find these" (by hard work i think they mean google search. This wasn't something unpublished or found hidden in some deep dark corner of the media) as if they have done something wrong when they in fact haven't. Not here. It's the immediate jump to arRogance and aggresSion and the cock-swinging sense of entitlement that gets people riled.
In short- "outing" is allowed here, a member outed an auction and forum members discussed said auction. Then a member who was planning to bid at the auction [and did so] complained about that person outing the auction saying he shouldn't have done it. Which is both incorrect and misplaced criticism.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Joseph_Y said:
tiefighterboy said:
Better than a richboy wanna be punk (Emo Fag Tattoo Artist) coming on her whining like a bitch about us poor people robbing you of your chance to win big auctions...I am glad the dildo joke got to you...as I remember you are the new one here and you are the one stirring up **** with your dumbass bragging.

No wonders you didn't last on RS.

Cheers
Joe

No one does that has an opposing opinion.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
silver grin said:
Can't add anything else that hasn't already been said. Liam, dude, you've done nothing wrong at all so don't let it (and I know it hasn't :wink: ) bother you

Thousands of dollars on SW stuff??? **** me... if the wife knew what I really paid for a 12back then she'd probably boot me out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on boys. It's Christmas time 8)

Let's get back to the tits :D

Thanks for the support Nick! :) Dont worry I will continue it! :)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Josh said:
LOL any reason why you mention a Vac sealed Dengar?

But it doesn't really matter because we aren't talking about single auctions here we are talking about a large auction like the one that was "outed".

The only negative effects you talk about are ones that effect you and your friends that may miss out on an item/items or may end up paying more because other people are interested also.

The big positive is that other people may get some items for their collections. This is the part some of you don't seem to grasp. Helping the many not the few you know ;)

Good to see your form is consistent AJ :D

I mentioned your Dengar because I know you've been after one for longer than I have been collecting and it was a fantastic example of how the Star wars community ( or an individual in this case ) can help another person without making something public. It would truely have sucked if someone had posted " hey check this out" & someone else with bulk cash & no interest in the item other than because it was rare buy it & you miss out.
And true I did neglect "helping the many not the few" but this is a public forum (non members can see all) it would be different if it was private members only.
Outing the Vectis auction- that helped the few (just the one) & ****ed over the many??

Anyway- back to tits
even-b10.gif

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Can we all agree to disagree on the ethics of outing, please!?

As Joe says, I don't think we're ever going to get agreement on what is "right" and what is "wrong". I also think we're suffering a bit from internet-itis. There are comments made here that could well be meant as light hearted jokes, attempts to prevent the thread from decending into a slanging match, but they could (and in some cases HAVE) also been taken as insults/jibes. It's bloody hard to judge 'tone' on a forum, and I'm happy to give everyone the benefit of the doubt ATM, but I'm bored of reading an argument that's going in ever downward circles.

I'm not taking sides on this issue, I can see the logic in both sets of arguments. But can we leave it there, and just get on with posting pictures of tits!? :lol:

Cheers!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
What a set! :eek: :shock:

Star wars!? What are you all, sad bastards who come here to talk about some crappy toys from some **** film that was out 30 years ago!? Tits are much more interesting! :D :lol:

Vaders_Child

Padawan
Wow i was reading all the posts in this thread and towards the the end felt slightly suicidal and then some good old tit pics made it all better again.
So hurrah for tits :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom