vinnels on ebay

gustie

Sith Lord
anyone bought stuff of vinnels off ebay?

have to say items are as stated etc...

i won 2 items and emailed to ask about combined postage... not an answer yet.

i asked about a variant one time think it was a taiwan one... got an answer
i asked about a ledy item and got no answer.... so i never bid since i wasnt told what the stamps read on the leg and the listing doesnt say either...

think i ask too many questions as usual!

im not slating her off here btw...

her items are as stated and posted in a jiffy bag coated in sellotape.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I haven't dealt with her personally - mostly because I think her postage charges seem generally rather excessive. The only other bad thing I've heard is that she often doesn't bother leaving feedback. No big deal but this sort of thing is a little annoying all the same

Jukesy

Sith Lord
In the same boat as Rudyard, have looked at a few of her listings in the past but cannot justify the high postage.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've bought a few things from her. Can't remember what the postage was like, but Rudyard is right, she doesn't leave feedback (which annoys the **** outta me).
Saying that I had no problems with the items and or the packing.

gustie

Sith Lord
well i think im gunna not pay for this second item until i get a reply so i can get the postage combined.

some one said on a feedback she didnt combine tho

im hoping the lack of answer isnt to make me think "oh bugger it ill pay now anyways with the reply of combined postage"

just a minor nitpick really

items i had b4 were fine and original :)

spoons

Grand Master
Basically lots of little things make me distrust her. I've never had any real problem with her but there's something about her that's just wrong.

I think she is a scam artist. There is a general feeling that she's actually a bloke, and dont believe all that crap about her being a massive fan - she's just after money. She actually separated a power droid from its rubber plug in its head, so she could sell them separately :shock:

She claims she never sells repros, but has sold me (and others) a figure with a repro in the past - no apology and I had to pay return postage. She still claims never to deal in repros though :roll: and she has never left me feedback.

She also never responds to questions, and the figures in the auctions are not the one's you receive - although to be fair you might get a better figure than the one shown.

I just don't like her :evil:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
spoons said:
Basically lots of little things make me distrust her. I've never had any real problem with her but there's something about her that's just wrong.

I think she is a scam artist. There is a general feeling that she's actually a bloke, and dont believe all that crap about her being a massive fan - she's just after money. She actually separated a power droid from its rubber plug in its head, so she could sell them separately :shock:

She claims she never sells repros, but has sold me (and others) a figure with a repro in the past - no apology and I had to pay return postage. She still claims never to deal in repros though :roll: and she has never left me feedback.

She also never responds to questions, and the figures in the auctions are not the one's you receive - although to be fair you might get a better figure than the one shown.

I just don't like her :evil:

so your saying she doesnt swallow :lol:

gustie

Sith Lord
yeah...

i jusr asked a question about a figure... answer was hong kong.

then asked could she/he combine combine postage ie put a weapon in with a figure and only pay once since it weighs **** all.... guess what... no answer and that was 2mins after the figure question...

im left wondering... i aint paid for the second item yet tho... so i will wait till i get an answer...

boba frett

Jedi Master
Things I've bought from 'her' have been pretty good to be fair but her shipping times arent good - can take up to 3 weeks which is **** imo!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
This seller has been mentioned a few times in the past due to problems with them.

I always ignore all of "her" listings for the following reasons:

1. High Postage
2. Slow delivery
3. Very rarely leaves feedback
4. Uses a flash for photos (to distort image)
5. Has a reputation for sending a different figure to one in the photo
6. Has sent repro weapons before.
7. Scary high prices at times makes me suspect shill bidding

Whether or not the seller is male or female I don't know. I used to deal with a seller from Norwich called Grant who seemingly no longer sells on ebay and the rumour was "Sarah" was his girlfriend (who apparently was also a SW collector). Whether the seller really is Sarah or Grant or even Tom, Dick or Harry who knows but use that seller with caution. :wink:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I wouldn't buy off them. Heard too many bad things such as slipping repros in occassionally and trying to get away with it.

Also if they are really a collector would they not know how to take a decent picture of a figure? The auction pics I've seen are crap :x

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I've bought a bunch of cardbacks off this seller over the years and probably a few figures when I was a collecting newbie. The only incident of note I can remember was when her dog ate a pbp spanish cardback in a listing of 6 other assorted cardbacks of little value. Bad dog!

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom