Header image

Information needed on UK Topps Bubblegum cards

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Starrider
New User
New User

Information needed on UK Topps Bubblegum cards

Postby Starrider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:45 pm

My names Paul Berry and you will probably start to see regular postings from me over the next few months. I am writing a book titled Star Wars Memorabilia due out from Amberley publishing next year, this follows hot on the heels of my book Doctor Who Memorabilia from the same company which is out now. Although my knowledge on Star Wars is fairly extensive there are a few grey areas particularly with regard to British releases of items and I'm opening up to you guys to see if anyone can provide anwers to some points.
My first question is about UK releases of Topps bubblegum cards. Does anyone know if Series 2 and 3 of the Empire cards were released over here and both series of Jedi and whether they featured the sticker cards. Also am I right in believing Trebor handled UK distribution of the cards and if so did their logo feature prominently on the boxes or packets?

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Information needed on UK Topps Bubblegum cards

Postby Jez » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi, best of luck with your project. It sounds very niche and detailed. Simply_Sci_Fi might be a good source for you.
I'll send him a message.
Also, check out this episode of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast, where gRant chats with Cathy Kendricks about Star Wars trading cards, might come in handy :) https://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/epis ... b-wing-it/
Good luck

Starrider
New User
New User

Re: Information needed on UK Topps Bubblegum cards

Postby Starrider » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 am

Many thanks. I'll check those out.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”