Telescopic, or not Telescopic, that is the Question?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I read a post on Facebook (Fount of Knowledge) that claimed the MOC Telescopic Vader for sale at the Hakes Auction could in fact be a broken tip and not actually a telescopic saber even though it is AFA graded, is this possible?

aussiejames

Sith Lord
https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/217448/STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-12-BACK-A-AFA-70-EX-DOUBLE-TELESCOPING
You would like to think they can see/would have checked for a 'hole' at the hilt end

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Granted the AFA can be crap, but I very much doubt they would get this one wrong. True, the tip does look a little bit thick, but the end of the main part of the saber looks correctly squared off.

Considering the amount this will sell for, I'd ask the auction house for clear close up photos of the end of the saber taken from below (i.e. through the bottom of the case), so you can clearly see whether the tip is retracted inside the hole in the main part of the saber. If it's real, this should easily prove it, and if it is a snapped tip (which doesn't appear to be loose inside the bubble of course, although it COULD have snapped off prior to packing), this should also show that.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Derby said the break point on the shaft just up from the tip is only found on DTs
image.jpg

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
Derby said the break point on the shaft just up from the tip is only found on DTs
image.jpg

So what if it is a double telescopic sabre with a broken tip (broken before it was put in the bubble) would AFA be able to differentiate between a fully retracted tip and a broken tip. Does anyone know how far the tips retract as this could help answer whether the tip is broken or retracted?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm sure that AFA would be able to tell.

There are a number of tells as AJ has pointed out that it would be pretty catastrophic if AFA couldn't I'd a bona fide DT sabre from a broken tip saber.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lightsabers

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Michael Sith said:
I'm sure that AFA would be able to tell.

There are a number of tells as AJ has pointed out that it would be pretty catastrophic if AFA couldn't I'd a bona fide DT sabre from a broken tip saber.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lightsabers

Sorry that is not what I mean. Assuming it is in fact a DT Sabre how do you tell if the telescopic tip is retracted or broken?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom