Alternative Y-Wing or my False Memory?

Reading Movies

Hi guys, new here and not a collector but thought I would ask those who may know.

I have checked eBay and noticed every Y-Wing for sale has the Ion cannon turret. Every toy I have seen features the cannon on the cockpit.

Now this is my problem. I have a distinct memory of my Y-Wing toy (c1983), and it didn't have the Ion Cannon turret. It was flat on top with no sign of one ever being present. It was like a stripped down version in some regards. But it was definitely an official toy compatible with the figures.

Every friend I have spoke to recalls turret guns on the Y-wing. I have distinct memories of noticing that my toy didn't match the movie in that regard.

My question is, was there ever a version of this toy without the turret?
Thanking you all in advance.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I don't believe so either. The Y wing was a late addition to the line so it wouldn't have had the opportunities to undergo any revisions and by that time Palitoy weren't cutting corners like with the xwing.
There is an exceedingly rare version that I believe was only available in Ireland but as far as I know this relates to the box which has three logo's (trilogo). The image in this box shows the turret cannon as the more common version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom