Any winners with Vectis today ?

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Anyone lucky to win anything today ?
Some of the sealed boxed vehicles went for a high price, and other items were pretty fair.
The seller of the lots did well, fair play -

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Wow - actually forgot about this.
I put a pre-bid in on the Order 66 set (Which was estimated 100-140) - I bid 100. Just seen it went for 260...... That is insane.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I was surprised at how much the Slave 1 went for. I missed out on the Luke Stormy, Kenner boba fett and Trilogo yak. It's hard going when you leave all the hard ones until last. I'm happy to miss out this time, I think prices are still dropping for the most part.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
And the Tri logo Sand people went for big money. More than I was expecting, The sealed boxes had probably doubled in price, other than the At-At,
slave 1 and the B wing and Y wing,

Jez

Sith Lord
Greedo Hybrid went cheap.
Really surprised at the Hybrid BBG, struggled to give away a UKG85 one a few years ago, this one went for a fortune!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Really surprised at the Hybrid BBG, struggled to give away a UKG85 one a few years ago, this one went for a fortune!
£1100 f***ing quid :oops: :ROFLMAO:

And £300 for a Trilogo Klaatu!? That was a sub £20 MOC last time I looked!

I agree though that on the whole, apart from a few oddities, prices seem to have stalled if not slightly dipped. I have noticed a lot of listings on the Facebook DOND page haven't sold recently, while a couple of years ago there was a feeding frenzy on everything listed.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
There have been a few listings on Facebook I thought would have been snapped up, and then you see a few of them listed on ebay. Still unsold.
Whether people already have them, or it falls into a price range they don`t want to commit to at the moment ,I`m unsure.
What I do like, is seeing pieces we have had for years ,go for big money on Vectis etc, , (although a few are graded) for a slight comparison.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I definitely think MOCs have stalled on FB. They used to get snapped up but now it seems the items that easily sell are loose, particularly last 17. Weapons and accessories sell easily too. I wonder if we are in a generation of buyers fairly late to the collecting party who are prioritising full, complete loose runs and don't have the passion for mocs? I guess moc collecting naturally comes after completing loose collection so maybe it will gain popularity again in a few years?

UKS

Jedi Knight
I bid on non SW stuff and lost on it all by 20 quid. That always makes me a bit suspicious. There was a couple of very high value items hidden in some lots that I hoped no one would spot - but they obviously did!

Latest posts

Top Bottom