Anyone else collect items with UK pricetags?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Don't know if I'm the only one here, but does anyone else collect vintage toys etc that have vintagr pricetags? Obviously nowadays everything has a barcode but price tags remind me of the years gone by.

I've a few Star Wars pieces but as of late I'm picking up more non Star Wars purely because of the tags as they take me back.

I've tried and tried to find something with a Luton Arndale sticker but I just bloody can't!

lejackal

Grand Master
I actively collected Kaybee stickered items (obvs not UK, but I was mainly after Palitoy and Trilogo -almost a repatriation mission)

As for UK stickers I've always loved them and think it's a real shame when people try and remove them. It removes a bit of the history of the item in my opinion.

Sadly I don't own any now but I've had a few over the years and fortunately my childhood shop is relatively easy to get on Trilogo cards. Good luck on your Arndale hunt

@Alisdairmac is also a UK sticker fan

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Cheers mate.

I saw your old thread about tags. It's funny how something so small and insignifant to many hold so many memories for others. Its just that connection that takes you back.

To be honest I've never seen a Luton Arndale one but it's now my number ine target. I remember there were loads of shops in Luton who stocked vintage in the OT years. Woolies, Argos, Debenham, Zodiac and a few others. It's a shame how there are very few toy shops around anymore.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have a toys r us orange sticker on one of my skiff boxes, and a Tesco on my lando. Otherwise I'm price less.
Screenshot_20220120-213018_Gallery.jpg

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Yeah I have a run of these. I think they are massively interesting, the variety of shop stickers seems to be quite a particular UK thing and the uniqueness of each local shops sticker add something to the history. Added to this is doing a run of shop sticker cardbacks really encouraged me to try to understand a big variety of both kenner and palitoy cardbacks from different eras while still trying them all together with a theme.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Don't know if I'm the only one here, but does anyone else collect vintage toys etc that have vintagr pricetags? Obviously nowadays everything has a barcode but price tags remind me of the years gone by.

I've a few Star Wars pieces but as of late I'm picking up more non Star Wars purely because of the tags as they take me back.

I've tried and tried to find something with a Luton Arndale sticker but I just bloody can't!
No, but I collect them with danish stickers, but then again I am also from denmark :giggle:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom