Anyone?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
PhantomShadow said:
I'll be there on the saturday.
Gotta say though, this is the first Memo I'm going to that I'm not looking forward to

Crappy guest list - only interested in getting 4 autographs. Also the airport security crap could cause problems going home depending on what can be taken on the plane as hand luggage. If I happen to buy a vintage RG on card, I don't fancy having to put that in the hold as you just know every bit of luggage is gonna end up on top of it.

And the guy I go with - he usually buys loads. Seen him take 4 bags and a boxed Falcon on as hand luggage once
:(

who on the guest list ,and what actually happens as i have never been before,is their sales on as well,would like a bit of info as i am trying to convince our lass it would be a family day out

Bollux

Grand Master
http://www.memorabilia.co.uk

plenty of dealers there mate, thats basically what it is, but then a few tables of no-marks signing stuff for Ã'£15 a pop!

spoons

Grand Master
it's just like a giant forbidden planet with vintage stuff too.

Loads of modern SW, lego etc, and any other toy line you can think of. Posters, signed pics of actors/sports stars

..and Angel puppets for Ã'£70 :shock:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
if i go it will be on sunday ,has most of te good stuff gone by then
also whats near by ,so i can convince our lass to come and make a day of it

sith-smith

Grand Master
Depending on what you're after, a lot of the stuff can be gone, but dealers usually bring enough for two days.

Nearby?

er.....Birmingham.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
dont think my fiance will be happy with me going because i can just see myself spending a fortune!!!!!

is it worth booking tickets in advance or just getting them on the door??

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
jabbawokkie said:
who on the guest list ,and what actually happens as i have never been before,is their sales on as well,would like a bit of info as i am trying to convince our lass it would be a family day out

The guest list can be found on the site - basically split between Actors and Sports people.

This one is great if your a Doctor Who, James Bond or hellraiser fan. There are also a lot of guests that turn up that I refer to as "rent payers" as they are always there :lol:

You have to pay for autos - prices vary depending on who it its. And its cheaper (usually) if you bring something to get signed. Some actors get the arm in with the price.
you can also get your pic taken with them (have yet to have anyone say no).

If your into the guest list it can be a great day. Crappy for me as I'm only interested in 4 people where as its normally about 10-12.

And no interesting females this time - damn you memo!!

Bollux

Grand Master
I always get tickets in advance because I cant be arsed to queue up twice and also you get your parking for Ã'£5 instead of Ã'£7 - they should wear a mask and a stripey shirt!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
it might not be such a bad thing going sunday ,there might not be as much stuff but they might drop their prices with it being the last day

Bollux

Grand Master
thats happened to me before, and if they dont mention it then make sure that you do!

they either sell it to you or they take it home with them! its worked for me in the past

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
just talked the wife into going on the sunday ,so thats me the wife daughter ,son and nephew
any of you idiots gonna be knocking about or you all going on saturday

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
its impossible for me saturday so dont go buying everything
i might treat myself to a snowspeeder if there is any left .though i am really trying to get a luke farm boy

Bollux

Grand Master
let us know what you get mate, i dont have a lot of money to take with me anyway buddy so you should be ok, I wont be taking more than Ã'£50! at a push!!!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
I may well have a spare snowspeeder, if you don't have any luck.

I can only go saturday.

I've taken Ã'£1000 to one of these shows before in the past. :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom