AT-AT battery compartment repair.

pauljs77

I am trying to repair my vintage AT-AT. There is a lot of acid corrosion on one of the battery terminal points. The corrosion is so much that cleaning it with vinegar the end of the battery terminal sheared off where the grey wire connects.

I have attached photos. Can anyone give advice please on possible spare battery terminal parts.

Thanks. Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 440

x-pack

Grand Master
Two choices I guess. One is that you buy a knackered AtAt with a decent compartment. Two is that you manufacture a new metal strip. Without having looked at one in detail it is hard to say how. My guess is that it's a conductive, sprung strip riveted in place. So drill out the old one, make a new piece and somehow fasten it back in.

8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm not sure where you would be able to pick up any sprung copper plate to make a new one, so I would grab a cheap one off ebay and make one working one out of two.
If you do go this route make sure the electrics work of course and then have one to display, or re sell.
Good luck with what you chose to do.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
If it still has the spring in it to make contact with the battery you could clean it, wire wool/ small brass brush etc neutralise the alkaline with vinegar and then wash to take the acid away (to stop further corrosion) and then see if you can lightly solder (not to much heat in the area) the stripped wire (remove the dirty connector) to the metal where the tab used to be . Only if none of the above works or it would be to destructive to do the above

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom