Buying a new pc help

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Are there any pc experts on the forum who can help with info about what parts I need for a new pc ?

I am thinking about buying a new pc where I pay a company to put the pc together for me. I want to choose the parts myself but I do not know which parts I need.

lejackal

Grand Master
On the i5 front, well any processor, the generation is more important than just the brand. i5 current gen is 10 I think so nothing lower than probably 8th gen. The fist number after the i5 tells you the gen, i5-10/9/8/7 etc

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks guys, should I begin first with the tower ? :unsure: I don't think I need a super fast pc, but if it will work fine for many years then I would rather pay a little more for a faster one. It does not need to be ****ing expensive. I do not play much, but sometimes I play Rome Total War, Napoleon Total War or Empire Total war but I play the mods people create for the games. I use my pc a lot for edit, cut and convert video files and streaming movies. I also need 10 USB gates, 2 of them need to be on the front of the tower and also a gate for headphones.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Exactly as lejackal says - it's really confusing, loads of companies will try and sell you an "i5 processor" which could mean anything from the last decade, it's all about the generation. The first number tells you this, eg a i5 8400 is an 8th gen processor. If you want to get really technical and compare performance, geekbench is a good site, it lists the power of almost every processor.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Exactly as lejackal says - it's really confusing, loads of companies will try and sell you an "i5 processor" which could mean anything from the last decade, it's all about the generation. The first number tells you this, eg a i5 8400 is an 8th gen processor. If you want to get really technical and compare performance, geekbench is a good site, it lists the power of almost every processor.
Thanks edd I will check it out :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom