Diecast run complete

spoons

Grand Master
I'm a happy man today. I've completed my first vintage run other than a loose set

A full set of 11 MIB/MOC Diecast and the small wing DV TIE

diecast1_zpsbzppqhfb.jpg

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Are you just going for one of each example on a card? I see the Tie is a clipper, some are Palitoy and you still need an ESB X-wing. Not to piss all over this as that is a great feat and I only own a couple of these carded and still no tie bomber. :cry:

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers fellas - I am genuinely a very happy man

Todd here's the rest of the collection, I'm really only after an ESB, toltoys, Canadian, Harbert and Meccano TIE but as I've ended up with three X wings and 3 DV TIEs I might keep those runs going

TIE%20display%2001_03_15%20005_zpssc5ddcqv.jpg

Darth%20Vader%20TIEs%20_zpsvkyfxsdb.jpg

die%20cast%20ESB%20x-Wing%20front_zpsrkkxhikg.jpg

Kenner%20XWing%20front_zpszkgqkmfa.jpg

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Ungh! I really want that ESB X Wing (as you know mate!), I have the ESB Tie, one of my most treasured pieces.

Which is the rarest though?

spoons

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
Ungh! I really want that ESB X Wing (as you know mate!), I have the ESB Tie, one of my most treasured pieces.

A very good question - I'd have said the X-wing but I've not seen a TIE in about a year now. Probably about the same, is there an ESB landspeeder too?

And cheers Grant - you really need to go down the TIE route ;)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
spoons said:
SublevelStudios said:

A very good question - I'd have said the X-wing but I've not seen a TIE in about a year now. Probably about the same, is there an ESB landspeeder too?

I'd probably **** if I found out there was an ESB Landspeeder too - I've not heard of one but then again, I saw an ESB boxed 12" Chewie on ebay a couple of weeks ago and I had no idea that existed.

As for rarity, yes, I'd agree they're about the same. I almost had the X Wing a couple of times but they've slipped through my fingers for one reason or another.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well that didn't take you long to get an update picture up ( although 10 years to wait for the Tie Bomber is a fair amount of time and deserves to be shown immediately).

Congrats on completing the run, such a great thing to see and in my opinion the Tie Bomber is the highlight of highlights and well worth the wait. It's always a shame when something get's slightly damaged in the post but I really wouldn't let this put you off of it in any way as it really does look splendid! :D

Always good to hear that a run has been completed, any thoughts on a new one?

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
That group shot is a true thing of beauty!
Congratulations on completing the run... its true that all things come to those that wait then 8)

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Well that didn't take you long to get an update picture up ( although 10 years to wait for the Tie Bomber is a fair amount of time and deserves to be shown immediately).

Congrats on completing the run, such a great thing to see and in my opinion the Tie Bomber is the highlight of highlights and well worth the wait. It's always a shame when something get's slightly damaged in the post but I really wouldn't let this put you off of it in any way as it really does look splendid! :D

Always good to hear that a run has been completed, any thoughts on a new one?

Ian

Thanks Ian, I was that excited I got everything off the shelves within 10 mins of opening it :lol: Personally the small wing DV TIE is my favourite but the bomber is pretty special

No plans for a new run just to get more TIEs and keep on with Han Hoth and INT4

And thanks Savory, I was lucky that die cast hasn't been hit by the price madness.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Personally the small wing DV TIE is my favourite but the bomber is pretty special

I forgot about the small wing DV TIE, that one does take the first prize but the Bomber is still very impressive :D

Ian

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Amazing collection Andy, I'll keep an eye out for any Toltoys ones that might pop up for sale.

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks all and Ryan - much appreciated!

Passed on a Toltoys X Wing a few years back and haven't seen many since

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom