Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No, my collection is complete

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, I'm starting to sell it off

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

grinchy

Sith Lord
I would love to say still collecting vintage, but the way prices have gone, its just not feasible, i have my loose run, no where near complete, but i have them on display in my room, i was collecting minirigs, have a few of then now, they to are on display, along with a load of modern, i do still pick up the odd piece, but the way things are going with windowless packaging, i don't see me continuing that, i collect boxed and if i can't see the figure i don't see the point, i'm happy with my collection, and i do get pleasure from sitting in my star wars room

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Are you actively adding to your collection, your collection is complete or are you thinking about selling it?
Oh yes. Still scouring the world for tat. Having modern and vintage habits means I can have a number of watch outs at events. Amidala, rey, slave Leia, empire, carbon freeze chamber, random topps sets, allows me to rummage.

I also love a bit of retro gaming. Got my c64 souped up and playing a load of games. Now need to get the amiga the same. The relaunch of zzap64 has helped fuel that.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I still collect, but just rarely find things I want or need. I've focused on video games for the last few years which I've really enjoyed. I haven't really considered selling up because I know that if I did now, I would never be able to buy them back again, unless there was a huge crash in prices.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I'm certainly adding to the MOC run this year, already added 2 so far but all the ones I need are on the expensive side of expensive! So that will be it for the first quarter of this year, hope to add another 2 or 3 later in the year. I'm running out of space, so I'm going for quality over quantity from now on.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yes I'm certainly adding to the MOC run this year, already added 2 so far but all the ones I need are on the expensive side of expensive! So that will be it for the first quarter of this year, hope to add another 2 or 3 later in the year. I'm running out of space, so I'm going for quality over quantity from now on.
The same problem here, I also need space. But then again I also have a lot of spare parts that I maybe should think about selling so I can get more space and I could use the money to buy some of the things I need or maybe I should try to trade some of it :unsure: Great to read you still collect (y)

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I still collect, but just rarely find things I want or need. I've focused on video games for the last few years which I've really enjoyed. I haven't really considered selling up because I know that if I did now, I would never be able to buy them back again, unless there was a huge crash in prices.
I've been feeling nostalgic for the older Nintendo games and even Pokemon. I'd love to get back into those as well.
For the life of me, I can't go back to the Nintendo Empire Strikes back.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I have started saying to myself if you collect stuff and you really want a particular item space should be no obstacle. Saying you have no space is just a lazy excuse! My new take on collecting is until you have stuff falling out of the front door then you have the space!

sith-smith

Grand Master
I certainly don't have space to display what I have, even after selling off loads of stuff. But what I don't have room to display I make sure I find the room to store safely. The main thing limiting me is opportunity to buy the things I'm looking for.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
It's tough trying to stay in the game these days, heck I'd love to say hell yeah I'm actively collecting & adding to the display, but in reality I am semi actively looking as there is not a great deal that ever turns up for my focus that I need & usually if it does it's so insanely out of my financial reach it can be bloody deflating, I have added a few items over the past couple of years but it's been bloody hard work & not easy to fund.

I have managed to do a couple of trades which has been nice, something I would never have done years ago, but sometimes needs must, as it's got to a point where cash is no longer king & even when you have a wallet of noes i means little to most that have anything they wish to part with, I sort of get the mentality as I'm never interested in selling anything from the collection at any price.

I mean it really has become totally crazy, I collect baggies FFS, baggies were a commodity nobody cared a stuff about & most baggies & baggie related items were cheap, I remember buying my 1st Popy on here from Andy (spoons) & he'd had it up for an age at 100 quid with no takers & he kindly accepted an offer of 85 off me (me being the ever tight c**t), it is the most common of all the popy figures, but I guess in today's market you could add a zero to that easy, these prices just can't be justified by the average collector on a budget like myself can they?

I still have a few items in on my radar, though the likelihood of me adding any is slim, it still does not stop me hoping - there is always hope!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
It's tough trying to stay in the game these days, heck I'd love to say hell yeah I'm actively collecting & adding to the display, but in reality I am semi actively looking as there is not a great deal that ever turns up for my focus that I need & usually if it does it's so insanely out of my financial reach it can be bloody deflating, I have added a few items over the past couple of years but it's been bloody hard work & not easy to fund.

I have managed to do a couple of trades which has been nice, something I would never have done years ago, but sometimes needs must, as it's got to a point where cash is no longer king & even when you have a wallet of noes i means little to most that have anything they wish to part with, I sort of get the mentality as I'm never interested in selling anything from the collection at any price.

I mean it really has become totally crazy, I collect baggies FFS, baggies were a commodity nobody cared a stuff about & most baggies & baggie related items were cheap, I remember buying my 1st Popy on here from Andy (spoons) & he'd had it up for an age at 100 quid with no takers & he kindly accepted an offer of 85 off me (me being the ever tight c**t), it is the most common of all the popy figures, but I guess in today's market you could add a zero to that easy, these prices just can't be justified by the average collector on a budget like myself can they?

I still have a few items in on my radar, though the likelihood of me adding any is slim, it still does not stop me hoping - there is always hope!!
The same here Frank, years ago I bought nearly star wars several times every month. Now It is only a couple of times every year. Prices are to high and my main focus danish price stickers on boxes and cardback does not come up for sale every month. My variant focus has nearly gone to zero because when I find some childhood lots or things with danish stickers then they cost so much that there is not money for also variants. Sometimes I get lucky to find new variants in lots, that helps a little bit. The crazy prices does not make it always so funny anymore.

But it gives me time to look more at what I have and maybe see if I have some spare parts or extra figures that I can sell or trade for new stuff for the collection. Years ago I did trades every month on the forum. Now I can't remember what year I last made a trade on the forum or with anyone else.

But there is always hope frank.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I started collecting around 2005 after selling the toys i had as a kid the previous year (great move!). I then sold up around 2009 mostly ROTJ and POTF carded figures to fund a house move.

Fast forward to 2020 while working from home and spending too much time browsing ebay i started picking up a few loose figures here and there....i'm now around 10 potf figures short for a complete collection.

I've since added around 15-20 ROTJ mocs and im trying to complete the run of every new figure released for that line but the prices seemed to how got REALLY crazy the last month or so.

I think i will add a few more this year but im not paying stupid prices.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I started collecting around 2005 after selling the toys i had as a kid the previous year (great move!). I then sold up around 2009 mostly ROTJ and POTF carded figures to fund a house move.

Fast forward to 2020 while working from home and spending too much time browsing ebay i started picking up a few loose figures here and there....i'm now around 10 potf figures short for a complete collection.

I've since added around 15-20 ROTJ mocs and im trying to complete the run of every new figure released for that line but the prices seemed to how got REALLY crazy the last month or so.

I think i will add a few more this year but im not paying stupid prices.
That's fantastic going in such a short time!

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Still collecting Mailers and related paper goods. The items I am now missing from my collection are either A. Crazy expensive or B. Madly rare so its slow going atm.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
And as of today ive started to collect the 30 year old vintage Applause line. I have fond memories of the mugs being sold at a shop in Luton for what seemed like years and also the Applause large rubber figures being sold in Clintons or Hallmark in Luton.

Not overly impressive but its given me a new job to complete!

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Collecting is on hold and has been for a while lost the itch I guess but it will come back always does… looking forward to celebration still

Vintage40

Padawan
I did answer that I was selling, but the more I look at the collections on display in some of the threads I may have been hasty since a nudge back to the forum. Although I need to rehome some items it's made me reconsider keeping a few more than intended and displaying them in a more interesting manner.

Still collecting although purchases are few and far between as I won't buy anything if it isn't a reasonable price . My loose collection is complete minus pop up r2 , they are all excellent condition with original weapons , I have about 80 Mocs and I only have a desire to pick up survival kit offer cards , im missing about 20 of them .

Latest posts

Top Bottom