eBay rogues

burnsy

Sith Lord
As this is a sticky about ebay sellers, just wanted to check....

Have any of you dealt with darthplaguies??

cocofstar

Sith Lord
burnsy said:
As this is a sticky about ebay sellers, just wanted to check....

Have any of you dealt with darthplaguies??

He is a crock mate. Be very careful! Has had several eBay names over the years (including Luminousbeings) and is well known for dodgey dealings.

Approach with caution!

burnsy

Sith Lord
I've got an issue at the mo, I'm just trying to sort it out
with him so I'll wait to see what happens before I go into to much detail.

saber

Jedi Knight
burnsy said:
I've got an issue at the mo, I'm just trying to sort it out
with him so I'll wait to see what happens before I go into to much detail.

as soon as you have issues - you know they're trouble

burnsy

Sith Lord
OK, bought a powerdroid SW 21 back, bubble damaged on a Best Offer.

Description states bubble fully sealed.

Item received with two sides of the bubble fully lifting.

Contacted the seller and he states the bubble must of lifted in the post and he will put a claim in with the post office and I may get some of money back. No, no, no me old mucker, I'm getting all my friggin money back. Bubble lifting does not occur in the post!!!

Put in a Paypal claim and I've got this response via ebay...

Ok,if you wish to send the item back then do so ,but please note any postage costs will be at your own expense,we can let paypal decide this if you prefer to do it that way ,no problem
thx

Not sure what to do? Do I ask for a full refund and then send the item back, or do I send the item back and then get a refund.

He's a scamming bastard, don't buy from him. This bubble is bloody hovering off the card!!

plantman

Sith Lord
Stu go through ebay mate, if you send it back then he could say the box was empty or it was even more damaged and cause you hassle, register the complaint with ebay/paypal then you can provide evidence to ebay with your tracking number that you have sent it back and make sure you get the refund, if your payment was made with a credit card you have an extra layer of protection as they will help you out.

Dont trust just sending it back to him if he is being awkward, it may take a bit longer to get the refund but it will gurantee you get it.

just my opinion from experience

burnsy

Sith Lord
OK, put in my dispute with Paypal and his answer was :

As I state the item was fully sealed when I sent it,the bubble must have come unstuck in transit,for which IU will happily file an insurance claim.If you wish to return it and let paypal decide ,that is fine,but I cannot refund without a return

So contacted ebay customer services today and they said keep the item, I will get a full refund within 3 days, close the dispute and have no further contact with the seller. They said to leave feedback as I feel fit. Shall I neg him??

There is no bloody way that bubble came away in transit, it's fully lifting both sides.

The guys a cock, stay away from him.

A

Anonymous

jayjedi said:
the biggest bastard though lads... i spent £45 on 3 glass display cabinets on sunday to house them :roll: and was so pissed when i read the email sunday night. he has now refunded me but i still haven't left feedback as not sure what to leave

ask for the pics again :wink:

no luck then neg him

plantman

Sith Lord
burnsy said:

As I state the item was fully sealed when I sent it,the bubble must have come unstuck in transit,for which IU will happily file an insurance claim.If you wish to return it and let paypal decide ,that is fine,but I cannot refund without a return

So contacted ebay customer services today and they said keep the item, I will get a full refund within 3 days, close the dispute and have no further contact with the seller. They said to leave feedback as I feel fit. Shall I neg him??

There is no bloody way that bubble came away in transit, it's fully lifting both sides.

definately neg him, its bad customer service and other buyers should know what he's like

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I'm amazed that you even got a response from Ebay.

burnsy said:

paulaura

Padawan
Although Im glad youre getting your refund, it is very disturbing that ebay told you to keep the item!!!!

I know this person may be a piece of ****, but what if a genuine situation like this occured...

The seller would lose the item , and have to give the money back?????? :?

burnsy

Sith Lord
Paul, I was shocked when they said keep the item and they would refund me.
I was willing to send the item back and get my refund.

I wonder if it's because the seller has had a few issues with other buyers recently?
From the PM's I've been getting, it sounds like he mucks people around a lot.

A

Anonymous

burnsy said:
Paul, I was shocked when they said keep the item and they would refund me.
I was willing to send the item back and get my refund.

I wonder if it's because the seller has had a few issues with other buyers recently?
From the PM's I've been getting, it sounds like he mucks people around a lot.

Aye its good you are getting your refund from the seller but
it shows you how much off a cowboy outfit ebay are you get to keep it aswell :shock:
Maybe this time its a result but this could also leave the flood gate open for the scammers
to scam honest sellers!!

I sold a tri-logo han to germany and the bubble came away i refunded the buyer in full including
return shipping costs!
then sold it again stating in the auction what had happened and somebody else won it from germany!!
I suggested they take insurance as it was about 2/5 off but he declined :(
Guess what happened it came totally off it transit!
He emailed me but i said i suggested insurance, i could have gave him nothing but
i gave him a complete c9.5 yoda even when i was right!
it really just depends who you are dealing with on ebay!

plantman

Sith Lord
In reality you should send it back to him and he should refund you the full amount plus the cost of posting it back to him, if they are saying keep the item i would think he has tried this trick before to get good money from the insurance for a shite damaged figure.

wait and see what happens...

plantman

Sith Lord
****ING EBAY TOSSERS!!

I sold an ESB boba fett to a guy in france, the friggin knob head took ages to post payment, i sold it on the 24th may, i recieved payment on the 5th june and then it had to clear in my bank, and now he opens a ****ing not recieved case and now ebay are investigating.

avoid MONOPSTAR.

WHAT A BELLEND

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom