I’ve just located my 60+ childhood cardbacks!

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Great story.
So good to see.

I've got mine, some with a price label on them so it serves as a memory where they came from.
The majority of mine came from Zodiac, Wooworths, Co-Op.
A few have Asda and Menzie's labels on them and a few have an unbranded yellow or orange label. Not sure where they're from. Maybe indoor market.

Palifan

Sith Lord
UKS said:
Ah I was a south bristol boy - this one was in Knowle West. Bit sad to know I missed out on any bristol toy shops!

I didn't realise that there was a chain of them and the Martins in kingswood kept all of their Star Wars figures in wicker baskets, so you had to rummage through them to see what was in there. I remember them using these right up to Tri-Logo so I expect there were a lot of bend back backs that came from that shop :roll:

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
UKS said:
NFS obv.

Would anyone be interested in photos or details? I obviously Loved the mailaways due to the amount of missing name tags!

I am enjoying the retro price tags - so may upload those anyway. 75p EV-9D9 from Asda is a favourite!

Thanks mate for the pictures, I would love to see them all, do you still have the figures ?

UKS

Jedi Knight
Yes, but not sure where. I did a loose run in the mid 90's, and that included some of my original figs, and I stored it in some lovely tool drawers - But I don't actually know where they are.

I did find my box of beaters last year - I think I put a photo on here somewhere of them.

And I found this in the garage last week!

IMG_3533.jpg

I had forgotten I had loaded it with mostly Imperials back in the day! EDIT: The Stormtrooper with the faded/damaged arms and slight reddish (from plasticine!) body is the original trooper from that Cardback above.

I'm lucky/weird in that I still have all my old childhood toys in a storage unit. I never binned them or sold them on in my teens.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
UKS said:
Yes, but not sure where. I did a loose run in the mid 90's, and that included some of my original figs, and I stored it in some lovely tool drawers - But I don't actually know where they are.

I did find my box of beaters last year - I think I put a photo on here somewhere of them.

And I found this in the garage last week!

IMG_3533.jpg

I had forgotten I had loaded it with mostly Imperials back in the day! EDIT: The Stormtrooper with the faded/damaged arms and slight reddish (from plasticine!) body is the original trooper from that Cardback above.

I'm lucky/weird in that I still have all my old childhood toys in a storage unit. I never binned them or sold them on in my teens.

Looking great, if you find the figures then I would love to see the figures with the cardbacks and also the weapons if you still have them. It could be great info to see which variant that match the cardback 8)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Many thanks for sharing your nice little story. I so wish all my childhood cardbacks were kept! Only kept a few.

Some nice card backs there including that rare 41 back R5-D4 8)

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great collection, thanks for sharing. If you're on Facebook there's a group specifically for showing UK price tags.

Vintage Star Wars UK shops & price stickers - https://www.facebook.com/groups/388047358386597

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom