I just did something I've never done before...

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I ran three lengths of fishing line across the top of one of my cabinets in case I had any toppling figures that needed securing via an additional line coming down vertically to support them. I intended to use the horizontal lines to tie the vertical ones to, but as it happens very few of the figures needed it. However, it gives you an idea of how unobtrusive fishing line can be:

Great idea Jeremy and may give it a go. Appreciate that my friend. Thank you. :)

JKF

I had a Palitoy 12-back R2 arrive from the states many years ago with the figure half way through the top of the bubble, must be prone to escaping just like the droid itself! A very painful sight. Fortunately at that time it was only a hundred odd quid wasted, would have been a bit more these days. I suspect someone out there will have it in their collection, the top of the bubble went back in place OK.

tigerham

Sith Lord
JKF said:
I had a Palitoy 12-back R2 arrive from the states many years ago with the figure half way through the top of the bubble, must be prone to escaping just like the droid itself! A very painful sight. Fortunately at that time it was only a hundred odd quid wasted, would have been a bit more these days. I suspect someone out there will have it in their collection, the top of the bubble went back in place OK.

That's a nice thought my friend that it lies somewhere in someone's collection and glad the bubble's top went back in place too. I'm sure it still displays well. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
(Really careless of me)

So... I was attempting to open up my display unit with all the MOC's still in the unit (in their GW acrylic cases). Previously I've opened it knowing well that they wobble when opening the unit door.

This time was unforgiving. It jolted and as it did the top MOC wobbled and at the same time the one below wobbled and both at the same time dropped from a height and smashed on the floor.

The bottom one, because of dropping from a lower height just smashed the corner of the GW acrylic case (solid things). It contained my Tri-logo Pop-Up R2 MOC. It was safe fortunately.

Unfortunately the same could not be said for the one above. It was a hard to find piece that a friend on here so kindly let go of to me knowing I was in need of it for my collection. It was a Palitoy ROTJ 45bk R2 Sensorscope which I had been searching for a while. The case smashed to pieces and all I could see was the MOC face down.

I turned over the MOC only to find the bubble empty. My face dropped like a bomb! Across the room was the R2 laying on it's back. I managed to carefully force it back in the bubble (and luckily it was a force otherwise it would easily slip out and the bubble). The bubble was all their apart from one very small piece.

It still displays well (thankfully) but I humbly apologise to not only my friend but to the hobby. Absolute carelessness and lesson learnt fast.

Palitoy R2.jpg
Palitoy R2 bubble.jpg

Sorry to read about that :oops: a few years ago I was carelessness and my tri-logo max rebo band box hit the floor. The box looked fine but when I opened the box to check that everything inside was perfect I saw a broken mic :cry:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
(Really careless of me)

So... I was attempting to open up my display unit with all the MOC's still in the unit (in their GW acrylic cases). Previously I've opened it knowing well that they wobble when opening the unit door.

This time was unforgiving. It jolted and as it did the top MOC wobbled and at the same time the one below wobbled and both at the same time dropped from a height and smashed on the floor.

The bottom one, because of dropping from a lower height just smashed the corner of the GW acrylic case (solid things). It contained my Tri-logo Pop-Up R2 MOC. It was safe fortunately.

Unfortunately the same could not be said for the one above. It was a hard to find piece that a friend on here so kindly let go of to me knowing I was in need of it for my collection. It was a Palitoy ROTJ 45bk R2 Sensorscope which I had been searching for a while. The case smashed to pieces and all I could see was the MOC face down.

I turned over the MOC only to find the bubble empty. My face dropped like a bomb! Across the room was the R2 laying on it's back. I managed to carefully force it back in the bubble (and luckily it was a force otherwise it would easily slip out and the bubble). The bubble was all their apart from one very small piece.

It still displays well (thankfully) but I humbly apologise to not only my friend but to the hobby. Absolute carelessness and lesson learnt fast.

Palitoy R2.jpg
Palitoy R2 bubble.jpg

Sorry to read about that :oops: a few years ago I was carelessness and my tri-logo max rebo band box hit the floor. The box looked fine but when I opened the box to check that everything inside was perfect I saw a broken mic :cry:

Sorry to hear about your's too. Not good. We live and learn... hopefully.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
(Really careless of me)

Palitoy R2.jpg
Palitoy R2 bubble.jpg

Yes we learn all the time :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

Yes we learn all the time :wink:

Lol. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom