indianawars - A legend in his own right.....

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
When Damien offered up his unused Bi-logo Y-Wing here it was too much to resist. One of my fave vehicles and to get a nice unused one but with an open box was a no brainer (minty and yet you can play with it!), especially at the very reasonable price being asked. The deal was done at the ask and I sat back and eagerly awaited my friendly Parcelforce guy....

With the words "Check the whole box...." which indianawars had cryptically sent in a PM I was intrigued. What could it be? Some nice little TFA fliers? A beater Y-Wing diescast or couple of beater figures for my daughter? It would be what it was, my prize was the Y-Wing and anything else was going to be a lovely gesture by a top forum member.

The doorbell went.

Enter one large box. "Well packed. Good man." I thought. Out comes the pocket knife and the tape is carefully cut.

Under several layers of bubble wrap I'm greeted by a Y-Wing box. And there, right next to it, my surprise bonus:

RLC.jpg

Result!! Not only is it a Palitoy one (which I don't have) but it's got it's inserts, instructions, used sticker sheet and best of all the "Special Buy 49p" sticker (anyone else seen one on the bottom of a box?) which I am hopelessly attached to! What a bloody nice bonus. Absolutely thrilled :)

Now, I'll admit to being slightly disappointed in the Y-Wing box I was faced with. On a quick cursory look it wasn't quite as good as I thought it was from the photos but, I told myself, that's what you get from not looking properly and just getting too damned excited when you see something you really want. And any, it's still very nice and so what; the RLC was a stonking bonus and it was the contents of the box that really counted and why I bought it.

YW.jpg

I lifted it out. It was empty. "Nice precaution: pack the vehicle separately. Like that."

A few more layers down......Another Y-Wing box? "WTF??" It's only then I noticed the first Y-Wing box was a Kenner. This one is the Bi-logo box (and just as nice as the photos) and has the Y-Wing contained within. Another great bonus! A spare Kenner Y-Wing box for my spare Y-Wing which Damien didn't even know I had! I'm now doubly chuffed and I've not even opened the Y-Wing yet.

Out comes the Y-Wing. Lovely Y-Wing. There's an additional home made cardboard sleeve with "Instructions and stickers! Do not throw away!" written on it. Tape carefully cut and out come the sticker sheet (mint) and bi-logo instructions (mint)....

....and a bonus set of Kenner instructions! I'm now feeling guilty. I was happy at the ask, for bloody sakes (my daughter's expression. She's 4 and I love it and laugh myself silly when she says it. My wife? Not impressed) and yet look at these bonuses.

And now, finally, the bag containing the bomb, cannons, rotating cannon...... and a mint, complete Nien Nunb?!?!?

NN.jpg

Damien, you're a gent. That doesn't do you justice. You are a star. I'm totally gobsmacked by your generosity, mate. I really don't know how I can pass on the gesture when someone buys something from me, but I'll bloody well work on it.

This forum and it's members rule.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Great story :) can we see the unassembled Y-Wing?

Best viewed with Damien's original shots (just thinking of your server space, Edd ;))

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28909

It's a beauty.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Well played that man 8)

There's plenty of like minded people on this forum which is why it's the best forum out there :)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Some people, you would have thought he could at least have included a General Madine figure too! Raise a case get ebay on to it.

indianawars

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, it's very humbling to read the kind words you've all written. Simon, it was my pleasure :) Everyone can see the passion you have for collecting!.. I knew sending you the spare Y-Wing box that it wouldn't go to waste. Plus, I know you've helped other forum members out with their collections (including mine) and it was my way of saying thank you for contributing to SWFUK. I know prices have come into dispute lately, but as long as we all looking out for each other and help each other, then who cares what the outside world is spending / doing?

lejackal

Grand Master
To add to this I can confirm Damien is a truly wonderful human being and an exceptional forum member, just done a deal and he did me a good turn so really cannot recommend him highly enough or thank him properly but very hope to in the future!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom