Latest Acquisitions

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey Fella's,

Wow there's been some ultra cool stuff on here of late Top work!

I've been a bit flat on the purchase front for a while but picked up this lovely lot for just over $300 approx £195. Works out to roughly $6/£4 a figure.
And a nice Darth Vader case to boot.

Look at all those cool ewoks Weasel! :lol:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
BlueDog said:
Hey Fella's,

Wow there's been some ultra cool stuff on here of late Top work!

I've been a bit flat on the purchase front for a while but picked up this lovely lot for just over $300 approx £195. Works out to roughly $6/£4 a figure.
And a nice Darth Vader case to boot.

Look at all those cool ewoks Weasel! :lol:

Super stuff. A lovely bunch of figure at a great price. Well done mate!

Keep it up!

Chris.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Did you melt all your ewoks with a magnifying glass as a kid weasel?

I'm starting to think this obsessive hatred you have for ewoks is actually a full blown ewok fetish in disguise, cleverly designed to divert attention from the fact you actually LOVE them! :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey Guys, I've just picked up these new additions for my new focus.

First up is this Star Wars Series 1—Unproduced Prototype Box—This Prototype box was originally purchased by Tom Derby from an ex Kenner Employee. What is interesting about this piece is that it represents yet another stage in the 3 pack packaging process. The box still carries the single round punch that is evident on the first series Kenner Employee prototype Sets. However, one difference is that the black bar has been removed allowing much better visibility for the title of the set if one was included which in this case it wasn't as the box has been left empty. I believe this box represents one of the final stages of the design process before production. The only subsequent change to take place was the adaptation of the hole punch tab to the hanger tab style. I am yet to see another one of these empty prototype boxes which represents this stage of the process.

6045564632_d1835d6a69.jpg

257 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045565242_7292447036.jpg

258 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045566194_727564646c.jpg

259 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Next up is an Unproduced Series 1 Prototype Box Flat. I am currently unaware of how many others of these Box Flats have survived but it seems to me that it represents the final stage before production began. It is evident that since the box style shown on my Kenner Employee Prototype Android Set; the black bar along the top of the window has now been removed as too has the single hole punch. The only change to be made now to the box would be the introduction of the hanger tab style punch. I am currently awaiting the COA signed by Tom Derby from the seller who forgot to send it.
The Box Flat can be seen here on the SWCA website. I am currently trying to establish how many of these are in existence.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48691

6045566866_8dfb169ebd.jpg

260 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045017471_a07640b2ce.jpg

261 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045018039_ffa2f4caee.jpg

262 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045568592_2bc8cc802e.jpg

263 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045569218_ebbd373fdd.jpg

264 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Lastly is this Empire Strikes Back Series 2– Imperial Set—AFA GRADED 60 (60,85,85) This is a standard production piece. The box was graded 60 because of 2 small tears to the window which is an all too common fault on these 3 packs. The shape and dimensions of the box and the window means that these three packs are very easily damaged. Despite its relatively low grade it is still a welcome addition and a very rare set. I think it displays brilliantly.

6045563084_4b09b6a13d.jpg

255 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
6045014051_fe8ff056af.jpg

256 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Needless to say I am over the moon with these pieces. Especially the Prototype Box Flat. I now feel like I have made a nice start on my new focus and I hope that in the coming years I will have the good fortune to add to it. In the meantime I will be saving up and sitting back as I'm thoroughly skint. Lol. Updated Limelight pictures to follow. :mrgreen:

Thanks for looking. Chris. 8)

itfciain

Grand Master
Mate those look fantastic - your collection is getting better and better and I cant wait to see the limelight.

p.s. sorry I couldnt contribute to the funds - am hoping that will change at the end of the month if you still have them

Chewie

Jedi Master
You NEVER cease to amaze Chris!!!!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! 8)
I absolutely love your new focus and always look forward to seeing your next buys!
I'm really pleased for you Bud :wink:
They're Fantastic!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks for the very kind comments guys. It took a while to organise these and to fund them but Im so glad I did. The collection is small but heading in the right direction I feel.

Chris. :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Great additions Chris! 8)

BlueDog said:
Did you melt all your ewoks with a magnifying glass as a kid weasel?

I'm starting to think this obsessive hatred you have for ewoks is actually a full blown ewok fetish in disguise, cleverly designed to divert attention from the fact you actually LOVE them! :D

Nah I didn't have many Ewoks as a kid, I hated them even then. Those I did have were bought by relatives who didn't know any better, and invariably ended up being used as cannon fodder.
I seem to be remember anytime my X-wing landed it was on an Ewok who was then "dead" for the rest of the game. Either that or they went in Jabba's dungeon and never came out.

Top Bottom