Latest Acquisitions

gustie

Sith Lord
Security scout
scout.jpg

check out the concept here http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=49130

Steve - notice the vintage chewie pen topper? lol have you got one in your focus?

spoons

Grand Master
nice one Gustie, I'd never seen those before recently - what did it set you back?

and Steve I've got a load of spare pen tops somewhere, I'll see if I have a chewie.

spoons

Grand Master
here's my latest. I've been after a good one of these for ages. I ended up buying three TIEs so that I could get the box and instructions on the cheap :roll:

It was the only 'big' ship I had as a kid :)

PalitoyDarthVaderTIE1.jpg

Imperial Gunner

Padawan
gustie said:
Imperial Gunner said:
Went to a car boot again this morning. Found a guy selling lots of star wars stuff....just wish I'd taken more money!

1) 4-Lom for £3 - Figure is clean and tidy, it came with the backpack which is in good nick although the cape has an ink stain on it, no weapon.

2) AT-AT Driver for £3 - Figure is not bad, some paint wear, no weapon.

3) Han Solo for £3 - Figure is not bad, some paint wear, no weapon.

4) Death Star Droid for £3 - Figure is not bad, some paint wear.

5) Zuckuss for £3 - Tidy figure, very slight paint wear, no weapon.

6) Luke Skywalker (Hoth) £5 - Excellent figure with weapon.

7) Bespin Security Guard (White) £5 - Pretty good condition, minor paint wear with weapon.

8) R2-D2 (Sensorscope) £2.50 - Top dome has slight wear, needs the sticker replacing.

Should have been £27.50, paid slightly less at £26. I could have spent a fortune. As I get paid this week and am due some overtime I'm praying for sun next Sunday as I will be paying another visit!

I will try to get some pictures up later in the week once I'm back home. :wink:

sounds good

are the weapons real or repros?

I've had a quick look on Jawas Armoury and from what I can tell the weapons are original. I've also managed to get the ink stain off 4-Loms cape so that's alot better now

Imperial Gunner

Padawan
Bollux said:
personally, i think that you could have done better on Ebay, and got them complete for only a little bit more than what you paid.

The only problem with ebay for me is the fact I don't have loads of time to hunt through and watch many auctions. I've managed a few buys from there and maybe some of my buys
I will have to change for better ones in the future.

I appreciate other peoples thoughts with being new to collecting, the longer I collect the
better I'll get at knowing what prices I should be paying for what.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
If your not sure if it's a decent price don't be afraid to PM a few ppl on here, we won't mind giving you a bit of advice.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Imperial Gunner said:
Bollux said:
personally, i think that you could have done better on Ebay, and got them complete for only a little bit more than what you paid.

The only problem with ebay for me is the fact I don't have loads of time to hunt through and watch many auctions. I've managed a few buys from there and maybe some of my buys

I appreciate other peoples thoughts with being new to collecting, the longer I collect the

I would not worry too much on the prices, every collector at some point finds they could have bought an item cheaper somewhere else. it happnes to everyone, plus I really would not let this affect the shine and satisfaction of your find and purchase either.

Price is relative anyway, some people will pay cetain prices others won't. For what it's worth i was at a Car Boot on Sunday having to clear a lod of stuff, I took some vintage along and sold a Leia poncho for £15 and a Star Destoyer Commander for £12, a lot of people here would never pay that, but these were unused overstock and you could not ask for nicer examples. Sure he could have maybe found an equivelent with original weapons from a reputable ebay seller perhaps cheaper, but the guy who bought them was chuffed to bits.

The same goes for the popularity of items too, people will pay way over the odds for a popular item, yet scarce items, far harder to find or pick up can go for next to nothing.

Welcome and good luck with the collecting, just one tip I'd offer is while price guides are handy for reference for product lists, ignore the prices printed 8)

Dave.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Congrats Spoons on the Palitoy Vader Tie Fighter. It looks really nice. I still need to pick up a Kenner box for mine if I can ever stop blowing money on Luke Jedi items and POTF coins. :)

Also, nice find Imperial Gunner at the car boot sale. It is always nice to pick things up in person. A few months ago I finally found some vintage stuff locally and it is nice to deal with someone in person rather than ebay.

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
gustie said:
Security scout
scout.jpg

check out the concept here http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=49130

Steve - notice the vintage chewie pen topper? lol have you got one in your focus?

Gustie,

it was good to meet up with you today. I always think its cool meeting fellow collectors. Thanks for the chewie topper mate. I owe you one. I will check out some of my spare loose figures to see if i have anything strange for your variant collection.

P.s do you have a limelight of what you have so i can see if i hve anything you need.

Steve

LeeBullock

Padawan
David Tree said:
Imperial Gunner said:
Bollux said:

I would not worry too much on the prices, every collector at some point finds they could have bought an item cheaper somewhere else. it happnes to everyone, plus I really would not let this affect the shine and satisfaction of your find and purchase either.

Price is relative anyway, some people will pay cetain prices others won't. For what it's worth i was at a Car Boot on Sunday having to clear a lod of stuff, I took some vintage along and sold a Leia poncho for £15 and a Star Destoyer Commander for £12, a lot of people here would never pay that, but these were unused overstock and you could not ask for nicer examples. Sure he could have maybe found an equivelent with original weapons from a reputable ebay seller perhaps cheaper, but the guy who bought them was chuffed to bits.

The same goes for the popularity of items too, people will pay way over the odds for a popular item, yet scarce items, far harder to find or pick up can go for next to nothing.

Welcome and good luck with the collecting, just one tip I'd offer is while price guides are handy for reference for product lists, ignore the prices printed 8)

Dave.

I agree with Dave

Personally I think your find was pretty good - and frankly after 20 years collecting I still would have been happy to pick up that collection for the prices you did. What you pay balances out - I have overpaid big on some pieces but got big ticket items for a steal too. You had a nice intorduction to vintage with a good find, keep going, read up and research and in no time at all you will find yourself having an awesome collection.

"The same goes for the popularity of items too, people will pay way over the odds for a popular item, yet scarce items, far harder to find or pick up can go for next to nothing."

Yes!! people have become pretty myopic on high grade carded figures. Try and find an unopened palitoy Dip Dots set or a sealed Denys Fisher or Mecanno doll - I can tell you that you will find five mint palitoy 12 back lukes before you will find one of them.

Imperial Gunner

Padawan
Thanks for the advice. I've been looking on ebay and seen a few bits although by the time you have sometimes added the postage on it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

It was also good to look through the figures and pick out the ones that I thought were better than the others he had.

Some of the collections on here are amazing, you lot must be loaded :shock:

Top Bottom