Latest Acquisitions

Peter

Padawan
Christian said:
Peter said:
How come the PBP Ackbar earlier in this thread had subs of 80 85 85 and got overall 80 but the modern Leia got 90 95 95 and got overall 95. How does that work?? :? Sorry for my ignorance but i don't collect afa stuff. Surely the Ackbar should have an 85 overall :?

Peter - unfortunately the sub-grades are only indicators to the relative strength of the individual components of the piece i.e card, bubble & figure. Therefore you can't take an average of the subs to get the overall grade (some think you should but it doesn't work like that). AFA have themselves described various attributed sub-grades as being 'strong' (as in the case of the modern Boussh presumably) or 'medium' or even 'weak' and as the card grade usually dictates the overall grade it is these minor 'opinions' that give the final grade. FWIW I have had AFA 85 moc's with subs of 80,85,85 as well so it does work both ways.
Ultimately AFA is only one (or two) opinion(s) on condition but still a recognised uniform opinion within the collecting community. Probably one of the main reasons that AFA has dedicated fellowers and also collectors who would be more than happy to see it fold.

Cheers,
Christian

Ahh i see thanks Christian.. I am just happy to have MOC that i can touch and enjoy at a reasonable price. For me if the figure is stilled sealed to a reasonable card back i am over the moon. I would still be building my loose collection if i went the AFA route...

plantman

Sith Lord
Not had chance to pick up much over the past few months, i have got these fett items, the 48 back rotj fett is one i havnt seen too often.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Nice additions Andy. I like how you kept the AFA fett insde its baggie.

The Kubrick is also cool. I love the vintage nods that they have done with that line. Are you going to go for the firing rocket version?

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
not in collecting moc's at the moment other the biker scouts

but i sure would love to own a vintage carded boba some day

congrates on a great addition

plantman

Sith Lord
shawn_k said:
Nice additions Andy. I like how you kept the AFA fett insde its baggie.

The Kubrick is also cool. I love the vintage nods that they have done with that line. Are you going to go for the firing rocket version?

They sure do make some money with the modern reproduction kubricks, there is all sorts of "special limited edition" ones, i would have a rocket firing one, but they are a bit pricey, im saving for the 400% version, now i really like those :)

Dom

Jedi Master
Just got a Droids Kea Moll off ebay trouble is its in such good condition I can`t open the thing :evil:

Idefix13

Padawan
I was not very active the last weeks but today I had a cool new arrival and I'm very very lucky :D :D

!BgzeykgBWk~$(KGrHqEOKicEry!vFYmMBLGs(OkPVg~~_12.jpg

(ebay picture)

What do you think about the price? Overpaid - normal - bargain?
ebay link

Uli

Peter

Padawan
Some very nice additions there lads well done.. I really like that Hoth pack i haven't seen one before..

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Idefix13 said:
I was not very active the last weeks but today I had a cool new arrival and I'm very very lucky :D :D

!BgzeykgBWk~$(KGrHqEOKicEry!vFYmMBLGs(OkPVg~~_12.jpg

(ebay picture)

What do you think about the price? Overpaid - normal - bargain?
ebay link

Uli

I think it's a good price, not a bargain, but a good price. Figures and creatures all look minty. Did he send you pics of all sides of the box?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Haven't contributed for a while, so here's some of the stuff I've accumulated over the last few months.

MIB Creature Cantina. A big thanks to Mark (Mantooth36) for the heads up.

sw-creature-cantina-anh-kenner-004.jpg

MIB Imperial attack base.

sw-imperial-attack-base-esb-kenner-002.jpg

Mint sealed Bi-logo Tri-pod Laser Cannon. I love the bi-logo mini rigs and will be going after the rest in the same condition too.

sw_tri-pod_laser_cannon_rotj_bi-logo_001.jpg

Top Bottom