latest film/ dvd you have seen

lejackal

Grand Master
Last night I saw Jungle Cruise, I think it is a really great movie. The only thing I am getting a little bit tired of is we have another actor playing gay in the movie. I am beginning to get a little bit tired of all this gay gay gay or lesbian lesbian lesbian in so many new movies and series. I do really not understand why they need to put it into so many new movies and series. I hope not that I sound like I have anything against people like that, I am just tired of to see it in so many new movies and series like it is totally normal.

View attachment 182609
Being gay, lesbian etc is normal though

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, it is normal, but they need to get it right. I think there's definitely box-ticking agenda these days, that's becoming a touch tiresome. It often feels like it's shoe-horned in, purely to tick that box. Would be interesting to see the actual % of LGBT vs the % of LGBT in TV/Movies/adverts these days. I suspect the latter is quite a bit higher. One of my friends (who is gay), was saying exactly this the other day. She also said she was fed up with Pride Month and that there shouldn't just be a 'month' where the media is saturated anymore- it should be just a normal day-to-day acceptance.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am beginning to watch ALF again, I see a few episodes when I have the time for it, it is still a funny and great tv series 😂

01.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lars - wee challenge for you………
I have a memory of a 70s film or possibly tv show

Set in UK, they discover a spaceship in underground railway. It was orange (looks fibreglass) they tried to drill into it with a drill on a bracket.

That's all I can remember but I'd love to see it again.
If you stumble across it please let me know

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Lars - wee challenge for you………
I have a memory of a 70s film or possibly tv show

Set in UK, they discover a spaceship in underground railway. It was orange (looks fibreglass) they tried to drill into it with a drill on a bracket.

That's all I can remember but I'd love to see it again.
If you stumble across it please let me know
Quatermass and the Pit?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw big business, I have heard about the movie but I had never seen it before and I was a little skeptical about if it was a movie for me. I can only say it was really great and really funny :ROFLMAO: I think it is the first time I have seen Fred Ward and Michael Gross in a comedy, I remember both of them from Tremors, another great movie (y) Edward Herrmann also has a part in the movie and as always he do a great job. Bette Midler is fantastic in this movie, not that I like all movies I have seen with her. But in this movie she is just fantastic.

01.jpg

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just started watching a series that's been around for ages: Dexter. One of those I've been meaning to watch but never got round to.

Some great acting from Michael C Hall and some superb black humour to bot!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sunday I saw Sands of the Kalahari, Awesome movie. It has been many years since I last saw this classic movie.

Stanley Baker who passed away too young many years ago,
Just started watching a series that's been around for ages: Dexter. One of those I've been meaning to watch but never got round to.

Some great acting from Michael C Hall and some superb black humour to bot!!
I do not know that series, is it any good ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sunday I saw Sands of the Kalahari, awesome classic movie (y)

Stanley Baker who passed away too young, Susannah York, Harry Andrews and Nigel Davenport all did great acting in this movie. Also Stuart Whitman was great in this movie, he was ****ing crazy. But I do not know him as an actor, the first time I think I have seen a movie with him.

01.jpg

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sunday I saw Sands of the Kalahari, Awesome movie. It has been many years since I last saw this classic movie.

Stanley Baker who passed away too young many years ago,

I do not know that series, is it any good ?
I'm really enjoying it. Well worth seeking out if you get the chance!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I'm really enjoying it. Well worth seeking out if you get the chance!!
Thanks, maybe some day I will see it, series takes a lot more time to watch and I watch alf at the moment. But there should also be time for a movie now and then so only a few episodes every week. I also have a break on stargate sq 1 tv series. I have not found season 8 yet on dvd with danish subtitles, it is not easy to find on dvd.

lejackal

Grand Master
i would say so mate, i didn.t mind crystal skull, i/m easily pleased when it comes to indy
My favourite of the original 3 is Last Crusade, so probably not the same view as much Of the fan base, but the crystal skull was definitely a bit of a drop off from that.
I'll watch it anyway though 😂

Top Bottom