MP 4 pack and 15 Pack save updated ( pic heavy!)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Bunglebubs said:
That is very nice Mike, nice to see it coming along nicely and that you have managed to finally get yourself a multi pack, really pleased for you :D

Yep, really chuffed to bits with this mate, to finally have MP in the collection, is a Grail for me, can't thank Shane and Frank enough :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
So I have a love for baggies, and have been lucky enough to pick up some nice ones, with a lot of help fro Frank.

I have wanted to add a Mailer pack for a long time, but collecting on a budget is always going to be a blocker.

Frank had a conversation with a collector Shane in Oz and between them have sent through to me, what I believe to be pieces of history. The pieces were sent to me free of charge for me to try and do a little work on and breathe a little life into them.

I will add to the thread as they develop, but have already managed to get a 4 pack MP to a standard that I am massively happy with, just need to add Han and Imp Stormy baggies now :D

Again, massive thank you to Frank and to Shane, I am so pleased to have these pieces as part of my collection, 2 little pieces of history that can live again

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Started on the 15 pack

Ironing board and starch to hand :D

Attachments

• IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 1,223
  • IMG_3379.JPG
    IMG_3379.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,223
  • IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_3381.JPG
    IMG_3381.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_3382.JPG
    IMG_3382.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,225

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Gently does it starch then iron, then iron all the fold/crease areas as you iron the surface starche evapourates and leaves a little stiffer

Insert the measured oasis, and first phase now complete.

Wait until dries and then tinker with it :D

Attachments

• IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_3384.JPG
    IMG_3384.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_3385.JPG
    IMG_3385.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,220

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Leave to dry out a few days, then do some more work on it but happy to have got a piece of history back on display
Love working on pieces like this and getting things back out of drawers and back on display :)

Attachments

• IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,222

batman

Padawan
Well done Michael, it looks a lot better than i thought it would after seeing the first picture .

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Shocked at how nice you have made these look already Mike, I knew you could if anyone could, I am looking forward to the final results as well as watching you get these filled, so pleased they ended up in the right hands 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Leave to dry out a few days, then do some more work on it but happy to have got a piece of history back on display
Love working on pieces like this and getting things back out of drawers and back on display :)

Great job Michael and they looks fantastic on display with all the other items 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Frunkstar said:
Shocked at how nice you have made these look already Mike, I knew you could if anyone could, I am looking forward to the final results as well as watching you get these filled, so pleased they ended up in the right hands 8)

Still over the moon that these came to me can't thank you and Shane enough, but will be a loooong time before they are filled mate.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Michael Sith said:

Great job Michael and they looks fantastic on display with all the other items 8)

Thanks Lars

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
coomber75 said:
awesome job mate

Thanks bud

With all of the issues on MP s and baggies, this is a way of collecting on a budget and adding bona fide pieces that you put together yourself, for your collection and you can carefully add to it piecemeal in your own time frame.
Adds to the collecting bug for me and brings back items that were maybe sat in drawers or storage never to see the light of day.
Items like this need to be displayed and be in collections, little pieces of history :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Been a while chasing eBay but finally completed the baggies for the 4 pack :D

Just the catalogue to source now then bespoke display casing to sort

Love how this is coming together

Attachments

• IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 554

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Good job Mike. I admire the way you put these things together. I think generally people are starting to value everything more now, bubbles, cards, boxes etc even if they're knackered. It's good, I hope it continues, people putting things back together and doing careful restoration.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks Rob

It's really enjoyable for me to put these items back together, adds a different dimension to the way I collect.

Just managed to source the catalogue so that's on its way, so just have to sort how to protect and display now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom