New Ghostbusters movie

Pomse2001

Grand Master
What do you guys think about the trailer for the new ghostbusters movie ? :shock:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2425443582&pf_rd_r=17FJ6DZSCF1G4HP9J593&pf_rd_s=hero&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_hp_cap_pri_1

Cymonguk

Padawan
Looks dreadful, stayed with virtually the same movie scene for scene and replaced the actors. What could go wrong, other than the fact that two of the original cast were comedy geniuses?

indianawars

Sith Lord
Dreadful - Sometimes you write off a movie before seeing it and love it when you do, but this... No chance. All the actresses are like cardboard whenever I've seen their movies before - This should be called, 'bridesmaids 2.'

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I must say I was a surprised to see the old guys was not back as the leading actors :shock:

4 girls I am very much surprised :shock:

But with Dan Aykroyd as the writer of the movie, then what could go wrong :?

Sigourney Weaver, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson is also back in the movie.

lejackal

Grand Master
I could have tolerated a star wars/star trek style re imagining but this truly looks horrendous

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'm just not sure...The look of it is visually good, effects and all!

But the jokes seemed really corny and intentional.

Plus it seems like getting four women to do it is just a hip way of redoing a film...bit like the female Starbuck in Battles tar galatica

I loved the original...think any redoing of it would not be greatly welcome!

Cymonguk

Padawan
They could have done a redo similar to TFA with lots if nods to the original introducing new characters etc. However they went with the same movie, with new leads. I have no problems with female leads (it worked in SW), but people are going to compare them to the original cast and few people can compare.

Foolish and lazy.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The original got the balance of being a kids film and funny for adults absolutely perfect. This looks like it hasn't managed it.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I think it may be ok actually. I don't mind 4 women being the main leads, it's something different. The jokes are dated but it is a reboot of an 80s movie.

x-pack

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
I think it may be ok actually. I don't mind 4 women being the main leads, it's something different. The jokes are dated but it is a reboot of an 80s movie.

Ye-ehhhh..errr..no! I'll bet you Richard that it's total bollocks :wink:

Someone said it looked like Bridesmaids 2 which is exactly the sort of comedy that sprung to mind when i saw these lead characters and the type of humor. About as subtle as a Youtube comment board. I'll wager that one of them is fat, loud, crass and sex mad :roll:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The youtube trailer has got 275K down votes. I don't think it's just us guys that think this is going to be an atrocious movie.

Hollywood needs to stop rebooting 80's franchises, they always turn out gash.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Not for me... they can't even get the story of the original film right.

"Four scientists saved New York" .....er NO.. Winston was not a scientist !!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As soon as I heard they were remaking it with four women in the lead roles, i thought it was a ****ing stupid idea. I've no intention of going to see it, and from your reactions to the trailer, i'm refusing to even watch it, it sounds like i won't b missng out.

Just hollywood running out of ideas and trying a new PC version of a reboot. Pathetic and unwanted. Jog on!

x-pack

Grand Master
weasel said:
As soon as I heard they were remaking it with four women in the lead roles, i thought it was a ****ing stupid idea. I've no intention of going to see it, and from your reactions to the trailer, i'm refusing to even watch it, it sounds like i won't b missng out.

Just hollywood running out of ideas and trying a new PC version of a reboot. Pathetic and unwanted. Jog on!

With you there on not wanting to see it. I didn't actually make it through the whole trailer it was that ****. I am genuinely surprised it looks as bad as it does :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom