Newbie question ? AFA loose

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
U grades are ruining the hobby , there are only a certain amount of carded figures left , by removing them it is removing it forever . There are millions of very good condition figures .

I think you need to ask yourself why do you want to collect , if it's solely for the money ! Your in the wrong place !!

If it's to enjoy , support and embrace the joy and pleasure SW collecting join in !

:D

xaar

Padawan
I don't want win money but i don't want loose too :D
I wondering for rarest figurines snaggletooth, dt luke, vcj and 12 back afa carded and 12 first loose afa for my new collection.
I don't want quantity piece but quality and rarest.
I understand what you say with u grades but i'm newbie and i want understand,why on ebay the u grades are much coveted

lejackal

Grand Master
xaar said:
I wondering for rarest figurines snaggletooth, dt luke, vcj and 12 back afa carded and 12 first loose afa for my new collection.
None of them are close to being the rarest

xaar said:
I don't want quantity piece but quality and rarest.
Quality is not defined by someone elses opinion

xaar said:
I understand what you say with u grades but i'm newbie and i want understand,why on ebay the u grades are much coveted
Because stupid people think a figure that was kicked around the factor in a massive bucket full of other figures before hopefully being stuck to the right card, bashed around for 35 years and then ripped off said card by someone at AFA who couldn't give two s***s about preservation and stuck in an acrylic box which can damage the figure further is somehow 'un-circulated' and worth more

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
xaar said:
Yet, it is the u grades that have the most auctions on ebay :roll: :roll:

You're starting to rub me up the wrong way - is this a trolling post? You've been told multiple times - if you want U grades then happy shopping just not here.

xaar

Padawan
I think you convinced me not to buy u grade, i go for buy only 80 carded and 85/90 afa loose.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I think you need to ask yourself what you're looking to get out of the hobby. Buying a graded DT luke as possibly your first figure doesn't sound right to me.
Why not go for a loose run of the first 12 or even just the main characters and see how you feel?

I'd also recommend reading up on the hobby, just because an eBay listing tells you its rare doesn't mean it is.

Oh, and u grading is very bad. Here's a good link to tell you why.

https://powerofthetoys.com/afa/

xaar

Padawan
Thank you i read the articles but they are all old enough now
https://powerofthetoys.com/afa/

xaar

Padawan
lejackal said:
xaar said:

You had all already dt luke and vcj ? And 12 back A carded ?
Lucky man can you put photo please?

lejackal

Grand Master
xaar said:
lejackal said:
xaar said:

You had all already dt luke and vcj ? And 12 back A carded ?
Lucky man can you put photo please?
Ha ha, I don't have them but they are all for sale everyday of the week, how can that be rare?

wrighty

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Ha ha, I don't have them but they are all for sale everyday of the week, how can that be rare?

Exactly, I think the word 'rare' is too over used and needs to be redefined. If a VCJ is rare, how do you classify items that may only be one in existence?

xaar

Padawan
By reading you I wonder if it is not better to buy a Ugrade like that I have less risk and it is as if I had moc,
not shouting thank you :D

wrighty

Sith Lord
xaar said:
By reading you I wonder if it is not better to buy a Ugrade like that I have less risk and it is as if I had moc,

I think you are now 'trolling' and I am sure there is a slight lost in translation so people will initially tolerate it but patience is running very thin. Generally everyone here is against U grading.

Good luck in what ever you collect!! I am out of here!!

lejackal

Grand Master
xaar said:

U grade figures are bad, please stop posting about them. If you want to buy them, discuss them or just generally annoy people kindly go away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom