Next Haslab

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Anyone want to take a guess on the announcement next week?
It was meant to be this weekend but the folks at Hasbro have pushed it back a week.

The money seems to be on some sort of Death Star - which if true would have to be in the £800 mark which might be a bit to much - but if we are getting a Death Star that could be hard to turn down....

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't think Hasbro have said that it's pushed back by one week. On the Rebelscum report I read it simply said it had been pushed back, but didn't specify when it would be revealed, only that it was still coming.

As for what it is, I'm struggling to guess. An £800 item of any sort would be a very difficult sell in the present economic climate, I fear. I'm hoping it's more around the Razor Crest's £300 - £350 mark, and is something we collectors can really get behind. What I'd really like to see is a set of truly exclusive, never-before-made figures of lots of obscure Cantina and Jabba's Palace and Skiff denizens we might not otherwise ever see in plastic. 15 figures for £300 would sell well with collectors, I reckon.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
EPI would be cool - I would love to see a VTC style Royal Star Ship or a Droid Control ship - but that would be a surprise.

Here's the Haslab post on it:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The smart money is on a "modular Death Star" that will tie collectors into buying other buts to add on.
That implies a large object to me, so if it is i'll be surprised.
As my leaned friend above has mentioned, I wondered if it indeed might be Ep1 related….a Gungun Bongo Sub?🤔
If so count me in.😀

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
As per Yakface.com and thestarwars_toycollector instagram, there appears to be a partial leak of the upcoming Haslab. It looks like it's going to be a TVC Mos Eisley Cantina, and (if this is correct) there will be two options for order: Base ($399) or Deluxe ($499). No other details are publicly known at this time in terms of tiers or possible included figures.

Here are the links, complete with images:

OK, so here are my thoughts... If this is correct, having 2 options seems very odd! Given that Hasbro incentivises people to buy their Haslab projects by announcing tiers with stretch goals, it seems very strange to have 2 different options right from the start! That said, what we can be confident of is that this project will include some figures of some kind, either as standard and or as stretch goals. My guess is it will come with one or two figures, just like the Ghost, but with others added on as stretch goals. And given which playset this is, and given how much Hasbro knows we want them, if they're ever going to offer collectors the Tonnika Sisters, this is surely the time.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
As per Yakface.com and thestarwars_toycollector instagram, there appears to be a partial leak of the upcoming Haslab. It looks like it's going to be a TVC Mos Eisley Cantina, and (if this is correct) there will be two options for order: Base ($399) or Deluxe ($499). No other details are publicly known at this time in terms of tiers or possible included figures.

Here are the links, complete with images:

OK, so here are my thoughts... If this is correct, having 2 options seems very odd! Given that Hasbro incentivises people to buy their Haslab projects by announcing tiers with stretch goals, it seems very strange to have 2 different options right from the start! That said, what we can be confident of is that this project will include some figures of some kind, either as standard and or as stretch goals. My guess is it will come with one or two figures, just like the Ghost, but with others added on as stretch goals. And given which playset this is, and given how much Hasbro knows we want them, if they're ever going to offer collectors the Tonnika Sisters, this is surely the time.

@Snaketibe
If this is the case at least you will be happy and first in line for it, Cantina aliens have been on your wish list for ever.😀
My one question and this is to all prospective buyers…where would you put the set? Especially in UK homes!
It will be an easy way to sell more TVC figures, which is a good thing for Hasbro.

If this is the case, and I would suspect that it is, it's an easy pass from me.

lejackal

Grand Master
I might just not be the target audience but are people really going to shell out 4/500 quid on this?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
@Snaketibe
If this is the case at least you will be happy and first in line for it, Cantina aliens have been on your wish list for ever.😀
My one question and this is to all prospective buyers…where would you put the set? Especially in UK homes!
It will be an easy way to sell more TVC figures, which is a good thing for Hasbro.

If this is the case, and I would suspect that it is, it's an easy pass from me.
Sadly, at present I have no room for it. I bought the Ghost with the intention of expanding one of my current display cabinets to accommodate the monstrous thing, but I've since changed my mind because if I do that, it will compromise one of my main modern figure cabinets, which I don't want to do as I like the figure cabinet more than the one the Ghost would go in. In the end, I mainly bought the Ghost for the figures, although ideally I would like to display the ship as well, so the fact that I won't be displaying it this side of some very creative space utilisation in my home / an extension being built(!) isn't the end of the world for me. Therefore, if Hasbro pulls the same trick with the Haslab Cantina, then providing the packed in figures are to my liking, I will probably buy that too and display the figures, but not the playset.

The whole Haslab concept for me is a little flawed / restricted, since Hasbro seems to always plump for massive / very large items. Sure, they're cool to look at, but it really isn't every collector that can display them, and I'm sure that must put off a lot of potential buyers (well, that plus the exorbitant price tag). Unless you're making something truly iconic / special, I suspect most collectors want the figures more than the items they come with anyway, so as previously stated, I wish Hasbro would just make exclusive multi-packs of figures for their next Haslab project that we simply cannot get elsewhere. I'm sure they'd sell well with collectors, who let's face it make up the vast majority of Haslab customers.

Just my thoughts...

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
God I hope it is a cantina - that will be an easy pass for me - If the Death Star rumour turned out to be true that would be so hard to pass on, but $400 on a bar? That feels like a big miss. given it is 25yrs of Phantom I am still surprised they don't go there for something.

Still if leaks are about the official announcement can't be far off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom