PayPal wierdness

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've had something strange happen on PayPal last night. I bought something from forum member Andy Preston for £16 + £2 postage. I paid him £18 friends and family and as I was typing in 18.00 it was converting it to US dollars to the right. I thought this strange but assumed it was just a PayPal change/update. He since messaged me to say it had been paid to him in dollars and was only £16.49?! I've just looked at the transaction on PayPal and it says I paid him £17.82 - $23.70! I'm totally confused and dont know what's going on. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? :shock:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes, I've had this happen a few times...
I click on the USD and change it to GBP and that sorts the issue.
I don't know why it happens, I have assumed that Paypal remembers what currency the recipient was paid in last time?
Just a guess....

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Just to show that I'm not mental. I paid him £18.00, it's taken £17.82 off me and paid him £16.49?! WTF :?

F2D5BCC1-16A0-4D39-9A65-D93C3E4B9A49.jpeg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
He will have been charged a currency conversion rate as you paid him in $ and he received it in £ which is why the number you paid is different to the amount he received.

I didn't pay him in dollars though. It showed £18.00 that I typed in where it normally does and $23.70 to the right. It was only after I'd clicked the pay button it's done that and converted it and paid him in dollars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom