paulcalf

Jedi Knight
A while ago I bought some cardbacks.

One of them was a Canadian La Guerre Des Etoiles re sealed Power Droid 20 back

I've just looked at it and it is worse than i remember

I collect loose figures and cardbacks, not reseals or MOC

So what should i do with it?:

Would someone else want it?
I can't remember which members have a PD focus.
I seem to remember someone collects reseals, but not who it is!

If no one wants it, Is it acceptable to open it, if so are the bubble/footer any use to anyone (I have no idea if genuine)

I could swap the figure and keep the cardback, which is interesting because of the French/Canadian text. Although i'm only really after UK cardbacks.

I'm not in any hurry, i just thought i should ask here before opening the reseal in case someone would benefit from it.

Cheers

Paul

IMAG0572_zpse226b03d.jpg

IMAG0570_zps8ae3a67f.jpg

IMAG0573_zps9adfbbf4.jpg

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
i cant see the pictures here on my work as they are blocked by the server, but if its a reseal with original bubble and footer, its surely off use to anyone with a PD focus or someone who collects reseals as you say, or maybe some budget collector who wants it to display as it displays like a moc and it's made from all vintage parts.

even its a reseal, i would not open it, but trade it with someone.
Finding a mint powerdroid for your loose collection should not be that hard...

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
aussiejames said:
You didn't look very hard at the seal area did you? It's got Frank's name on it :wink:

I have no idea what that means, i didn't look at the seal area at all, as i was buying cardbacks.

Is Frank Frunkstar?

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Stargeezer said:
i cant see the pictures here on my work as they are blocked by the server, but if its a reseal with original bubble and footer, its surely off use to anyone with a PD focus or someone who collects reseals as you say, or maybe some budget collector who wants it to display as it displays like a moc and it's made from all vintage parts.

even its a reseal, i would not open it, but trade it with someone.
Finding a mint powerdroid for your loose collection should not be that hard...

Something went wrong with this post, so here it is again
An earlier poster has said bubble does not look right.

I'll happily not open it and trade it

I don't even need a PD for my loose collection, i've still got my childhood battle damaged Power Droid, he was missing his gonk so i bought a nice complete un battle damaged droid from Iain. I haven't displayed that one, so im not short of Power Droids.

I'll hang onto it until someone wants to trade it.

I can move it to the swap shop section?

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Frank

If you PM me your address i'll post it to you. I'm a bit **** with knowing values, i paid £35 inc postage for 4 SW cardbacks and figures including this reseal. We aren't talking big money, so lets see what i get in return. We won't fall out over it!

It would be great if i get something back that i need and you have spare, or just look at my display and send me something you think i'll like. http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15121

MY collection is based around replacing missing bits from the childhood items that I still have.

I've listed the cardbacks that i need in the cardback collectors swap shop thread, but there are various other bits that i need as well. http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19670

Once you have the Power Droid you can see what it is worth to you and will hopefully have something of my list, or you can just get me something off the list in the future or just send me a random something you think i'll like:

Imperial Attack base: Missing 2 roof covers

ATAT: Laser Cannons

ATST: Top gun?

Darth vaders star destroyer: Long Orange plastic bit, other orange plastic bit? I have the Orange window

Slave 1: Black ramp

Dagobah: 2 x Training cases, is there a round grey tube as well?

12" Boba Fett: Rocket (Have back pack), wookie braids, green bag?

12" Luke Lightsabre.

Mill Falcon: Training ball & string

Die cast: I could always complete my die cast collection. I have Mil Fal, Y wing, Star Destroyer, landspeeder.
Need a darth tie fighter - i just have one plastic wing remaining from my childhood
I need an x wing, slave 1 and any others that i haven't listed

Cantina (palitoy version with seat): All i have is the base and the table top: I need everything else!
Imperal Troop transporter: I need everything: I only have one black plastic head cover thing
Droid Factory: Need everything (Just one leg and one other bit remaining)

Frunkstar said:
Yeah I'm Frank/Frunk/Frunkster/cuntibollocks - what would you like for it??

PS thanks James ;)

theslider

Sith Lord
I've seen a lot worse reseals - infact I have some in my collection! You got a bargain there if £35 was all you paid and you got other card backs too.

A Palitoy recently went for £114:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1977-Palitoy-Star-Wars-New-Hope-Figures-20-Card-Back-Power-Droid-20b-/221475358021?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3390f5c545&nma=true&si=BJl3BD7ANtAIPrk9XMNLzB3TOCw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Although it has the Palitoy premium on it, I'd say yours was in better condition.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Brilliant post and great respect to you for A putting the question out there..B the way you have gone about keeping it intact and within the collector community. Reseals and budget mocs, to some are desirable as they are vintage irrespective of condition, and should be kept that way :wink:

Well done to you mate :D :D

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Nice the power droid looks better then i thought it would.
Very nice of you to offer it to send it to frank like that, without having even made a deal allready.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the replies

I think that Pailitoy one seemed in better condtion than 'mine'

Frank can be the judge of how bad the reseal is! I've never seen any others to know

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom