Premier league predications thread 2024-25

1) Which Man City will win the league? Man City
2) Team who finishes second behind Man City? Arsenal
3) The other two CL qualifiers, in order. Chelsea, Liverpool
4) The three sides relegated from the PL. Southampton, Ipswich, Forest
5) Team that massively exceeds expectations. Leicester
6) The team that manages to be worse than shite, despite having a solid squad Spurs
7) Top scorer in PL Haaland
8) Top assister in PL Palmer
9) First manager sacked. Enzo Maresca
10) FAC winner City
11) Worthless Cup winner Arsenal
12) CL winner Real Madrid
13) CL runner up City
14) EL winner Spurs?
15) UEFA Conference winner No idea who's in it
16) The signing of the summer Solanke (please!)
17) The biggest waste of money of the summer Probably Solanke
18) Random predictions. Mid table seasons for Spurs and Man United, Liverpool on the brink of a sharp decline but will probably still scrape top four this season

@lejackal I suspect you're prediction on City is fairly accurate. Or ore likely, they get off scott free.

@edd_jedi you know Leicester are odds on for a points deduction asap?
They dodged it last year by telling the PL they couldn't punish them for over spending while they were in the PL cos they were in the Championship last year, and they then told the FA/Championship they couldn't fine them for over spending in the PL cos it was a different league. Probably technically a valid argument, but cheeky. And the PL will gladly, and rightly, shaft them now. It was almost as if they wanted to avoid a pts deduction just to get promoted and get the extra money that comes with being in the PL.

Last edited:
Whatever club could you have in mind as the Rottweiler? Do I get 115 guesses, or is it Chelsea? Or Utd who apparently got 2 special exemptions to allow them to pass FFP (only seen the allegation on twitter so may be BS)?

Last edited:
Whatever club could you have in mind as the Rottweiler? Do I get 115 guesses, or is Chelsea? Or Utd who apparently got 2 special exemptions to allow they to pass FFP (only seen the allegation on twitter ao may be BS)?
I've heard that as well. Think it was on Talk Sport the other day. Something to do with Covid. Ridiculous!

So, now three clubs are cheating!
The only fair soliton is to relegate them all to the regional leagues and probably send Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Villa down too. That should pretty much guarantee Pool finish third lol

It's the hope that kills you.

1) Which Man City will win the league? Arsenal
2) Team who finishes second behind Man City? Liverpool
3) The other two CL qualifiers, in order. Man Utd, Chelsea
4) The three sides relegated from the PL. Forest, Ipswich and Southampton.
5) Team that massively exceeds expectations. Leicester City
6) The team that manages to be worse than shite, despite having a solid squad Newcastle Utd
7) Top scorer in PL Sala
8) Top assister in PL Bruno Fernandes
9) First manager sacked. Espírito Santo
10) FAC winner Liverpool
11) Worthless Cup winner Chelsea
12) CL winner Liverpool
13) CL runner up Bayern Munich
14) EL winner Man Utd
15) UEFA Conference winner Chelsea
16) The signing of the summer Marc Guiu
17) The biggest waste of money of the summer Solanke
18) Random predictions. Man City get off all 115 charges.

Last edited:
@theforceuk I see what you did there, predict Pool and Arsenal to do well in the hopes of jinxing them!
City to miss out on the top four and all trophies is a brave call, especially when you're predicting them to get off all 115 charges!

I'm kind of hoping they do get done and have a massive points deduction, but fear the worst. So boring if they win everything again. 🙄

1) Which Man City will win the league? Man City. Best team, best squad, best manager. Just a class apart.
2) Team who finishes second behind Man City? Probably Arsenal.
3) The other two CL qualifiers, in order. Pool (though they are a complete unknown and could be brilliant, or pish) and ehh one from Utd, Spuds, Chelsea and Newcastle. I'll go for Utd as Spurs are Spurs. Chelsea are a complete mess, Newcastle don't look quite good enough and Villa have CL to distract them (hence I didn't mention them initially).
4) The three sides relegated from the PL. The three that came up I suspect. But there is a lot of dross at the bottom of the PL. I'd have no objections to Forest going down, or Everton cos their owners. And obviously Utd, Chelsea and City. But the three that came up will most likely go down.
5) Team that massively exceeds expectations. WH or Palace.
6) The team that manages to be worse than shite, despite having a solid squad. Chelsea. Too many players and a manager who strikes me as a "yes" man. Could anyone trun a 50 player squad into a team?
7) Top scorer in PL. Boring, Haaland
8) Top assister in PL. No idea, KDB, Salah, Palmer or Fernandes
9) First manager sacked. The latest Chelsea victim. Not sure about Cooper at Leicester, or the kid at Brighton (the manager is 31, I have clothes older than him. His style of footy will either take the PL by storm, or get him sacked by xmas). Nuno or whoever is in charge at Saints, Russel Martin? ****ing anyone basically.
10) FAC winner. Arsenal
11) Worthless Cup winner. City
12) CL winner. City
13) CL runner up, Real (the two best sides in it, but they'll probably draw each other and some one like Juve will make the final to be cannon fodder)
14) EL winner, Spurs or Utd have a great shot at it.
15) UEFA Conference winner, Chelsea
16) The signing of the summer. That new guy at Pool, he looks pure class…..ohhh, wait. Useless cunts. I lot of **** or bust signings this summer, Solanke, Yoro, DeLigt, Carvalho. All will either be great value or shite.
17) The biggest waste of money of the summer. See above. It won't be a Liverpool player anyway.
18) Random predictions. Lee Carsley to be the new Engerlund manager, cos no one else is dumb enough. VAR to continue to drop some absolute horror show clangers. The new handball interpretation to be bollcoks and changed half way through the season. Man City to get soft as **** penalties when they need them and get away with murder in their own box. Again. The new Champions League format to be as exciting as a slide show on telegraph poles, and UEFA to declare it a massive success and claim more ppl than ever have watched it. Ignoring the fact there are more games played and the fans are unanimous in their hatred of it. The City charges thing to not be resolved by the end of the season.

I'm kind of hoping they do get done and have a massive points deduction, but fear the worst. So boring if they win everything again. 🙄
I'm with you on that.
If they do get done it has to be relegation. I don't care about being stripped of titles etc. but there's no way they can get away with anything like a fine or a small ish (10-15) points deduction.
If they get away with it, it's basically open season for Newcastle and Chelsea owners to do what they like cos the PL will have as good as admitted they and FFP are powerless to stop it. And who wants to watch a league where clubs spend like Chelsea, every window? Even if it was my club I would get bored bloody quickly. It's not "winning" the league. It's buying it. There's no satisfaction in that for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom